- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): BioCatch
- Website: http://www.biocatch.com
- Company size (employees): 50
- Product Version Number: 2.0
- Type of solution: Hybrid
- Year this product or service was first introduced to the market: 2011
- Year the current version of this product or service has been released: 2016
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 40 million
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service deserves recognition
- BioCatch represents the leader in behavioral biometrics, with more than 40 patents pending or granted covering a wide array of capabilities, and is leading this market with the largest deployments in major banks and e-commerce institutions around the world.
- Most fraud today comes from authenticated sessions, and BioCatch represents a new and innovative approach to detecting breaches, by identifying malware, account takeovers and social engineering. The BioCatch platform spans the gamut of human behavioral profiling, malware and Remote Access Trojan (RAT) detection, and aggregator and bot detection, to provide a real-time actionable cyber risk score.
- As Simon McNamara, Chief Administrative Officer of NatWest stated in a recent press release, “The technology that we’ve been able to deploy with the help of BioCatch has played a crucial role in strengthening our security systems. The breadth of behavioural biometrics that BioCatch technology can monitor is really impressive and we’ve already seen many examples of it alerting us to suspicious activity and protecting our customers from fraud.”
In less than 300 words, summarize the most important features and benefits of this product or service
The BioCatch 2.0 release supports extensive scalability requirements that enterprise customers demand, delivering rich data collection of behavioral parameters, and significantly broader identification of remote access Trojans, bots, aggregators, and malware. The new release features fast processing of risk-score calculation, providing real-time behavioral insights, as well as a new graphical user interface for the “Analyst Station”, BioCatch’s flagship analytics tool, enabling fraud teams to further investigate and analyze fraud cases.
BioCatch 2.0 highlights include:
• Improved Data Collection and Optimized Scoring – Continuous data collection is done not only within pages, but in between pages.
• Faster Processing – Score calculation is done in less than 500 milliseconds with predictable server response times and no spikes. Additionally, failed login sessions are stored and can be used to track bots or fraudsters performing multiple attempts at login with different credentials.
• New Analytics Tools – Search capabilities are expanded to cover more parameters, and analysis of search results is improved. Also included is expanded mobile app analytics, including analysis of mobile users’ tap and acceleration behaviors.
• Enhanced Robotic and Malware Detection – Protection against various aggregators and malware, including Ramnit.