- Job title of nominated professional: Chief Strategy Officer and Co-Founder
- Company (where nominated professional or team is working): Anomali
- Website: http://www.anomali.com
- Company size (employees): 156
In 3 bullets, summarize why this professional or team deserves recognition:
● Colby drove the creation of the HITRUST Cyber Threat XChange (CTX) to facilitate collaboration about key threat intelligence findings. This community includes 2000 medical health organizations and addresses challenges unique to the healthcare industry, a major target of some of the largest and most damaging cyberattacks in recent history.
● Colby is an established thought leader in the cybersecurity space, regularly speaking at high-profile industry events like Black Hat and RSA, as well as providing insightful commentary on industry issues.
● Colby plays a key role in customer acquisition and relations at Anomali. These efforts have resulted in Anomali being trusted by over 25 percent of the Fortune 100 organizations, including four of the top five US banks.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the professional or team in the nominated category
As Chief Strategy Officer and Co-Founder, Colby Derodeff is recognized as an established thought leader and innovator in the cybersecurity industry. He plays an instrumental role in the company’s continued growth by cultivating strong relationships with customers, analysts, media and the security community. These relationships help Anomali continually adapt its groundbreaking threat intelligence platforms to address the public and private sectors’ most pressing security challenges.
Colby is committed to delivering on Anomali’s mission to provide innovative threat intelligence platforms that help organizations strengthen defenses against cyberthreats. As a result, Anomali continues to see rapid customer growth. In four short years, Colby has helped the company earn the trust of Global 2000 businesses in every industry, including 25 percent of Fortune 100 enterprises and four of the top five US banks.
Colby was a key contributor to the creation of the HITRUST Cyber Threat XChange (CTX). This community of security professionals from more than 2,000 medical organizations actively shares threat information used to protect themselves against a growing list of cyberthreats.
Colby was a key player in raising Anomali’s recent $30 million Series C funding round, bringing the total amount raised to $56 million. The round was led by Institutional Venture Partners (IVP) and included significant investments from General Catalyst Partners, GV (formerly Google Ventures), In-Q-Tel and Paladin Capital Group. Securing this funding proved critical to supporting the company’s ongoing product innovation and corporate growth.
In addition to Colby’s significant role in driving business and product momentum at Anomali, he actively contributes to the broader cybersecurity community, speaking at a number of major industry conferences including RSA Conference, Black Hat and FS-ISAC. He is also a founding member of OASIS Cyber Threat Intelligence committee, the STIXX/TAXII board created by Soltra, FS-ISAC and DTCC.