- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Comodo Group
- Website: http://www.comodo.com
- Company size (employees): 1,000+
- Product Version Number: No number
- Type of solution: Software
- Year this product or service was first introduced to the market: 2016
- Year the current version of this product or service has been released: 2017
- Approximate number of users worldwide: Enterprise seat licenses 500,000; total number of consumer seat licenses 85 million
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service deserves recognition:
• Improved endpoint security including application control and Security Auto Containment that enables Comodo AEP to arrive determine whether applications/files are known good or bad and place unknown files/applications automatically into containment where they run in a secure container they can be verdicted
• New management functionality remote monitoring (remote desktop) enabling IT staff to save time and money by remotely diagnosing and resolving endpoint security and management issues
• File-less malware containment enables Comodo AEP to stop advanced malware that uses command line parsers (Windows commands, Python, PERL) to directly modify memory rather than a conventional file
In less than 300 words, summarize the most important features and benefits of this product or service
Comodo Advancd Endpoint Protection (AEP) recently introduced advanced functions allowing enterprises to stop advanced malware (zero days) in their tracks with a file verdicting approach that provides productivity with zero false positives.
As a major component of AEP, Valkyrie, Comodo’s cloud-based file analysis tool, correlates the local view of a file’s activity with a global view. This avoids false positives and false negatives and provides an accelerated verdict to identify malware at the endpoint. Files needing more in-depth analysis will undergo human analysis by security experts within Comodo’s Threat Research Labs.
AEP provides a solution that declares the malware problem “solved,” and there is no longer a “patient zero.” Comodo’s Default Deny platform incorporating Valkyrie ensures that there are no unknown fules able to inflict damage on unsuspecting users while usability remains at a maximum. The result is guaranteed protection without loss of time, money or user productivity.