- Job title of nominated professional: Security Consultant Lead
- Company (where nominated professional or team is working): SoftServe
- Website: http://www.softserveinc.com/en-us/home/
- Company size (employees): 4,000
In 3 bullets, summarize why this professional or team deserves recognition
• With over 14 years of experience in Information Security and over seven years in network infrastructure management, Nazar is also the leader of OWASP Chapter Lviv, and a regular contributor to eSecurity and Virtual Strategy Magazine. In November 2015, he organized the first OWASP Ukraine Meetup in Lviv, Ukraine where SoftServe’s European HQ and a couple of development centers are located. Nazar also promotes educational initiatives focused on the Security-related topics and was instrumental in organizing regular Security events in Lviv, Ukraine, such as Security Hole (1-day conference with a couple of speakers, both from SoftServe Security Office and invited presenters).
• Apart from being a Security Researcher, Nazar mentors, trains and evangelizes IS to Executive leaders, Engineers and Employees, promotes company-wide secure SDLC, integrates security testing into CI, as well as develops and delivers QA security trainings. He developed two courses for the Lviv IT School:
o “Penetration and Security testing”
o “Mobile Security Testing”
• Nazar is a community volunteer, and is well-known in Ukraine as the founder of the “Aerorozvidka” volunteer organization that designs and creates drones for the Ukrainian army http://uatoday.tv/society/lviv-volunteers-produce-drones-for-ukraine-s-army-411760.html
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the professional or team in the nominated category
SoftServe’s Security Consultant Lead and Head of the Security Office, Nazar Tymoshyk, has a Ph.D. in Information Security from the Polytechnic University in Lviv and worked there as associate professor teaching Network Security and exploitation for over 2 years. He specializes in Security Consulting, Enterprise IT Consulting, Application Security Assessments, Penetration Testing, malware analysis, intrusion detection/prevention, Ruby, OWASP, Linux, Virtualization/Cloud, Automation, Networking, Forensics, and Reversing.
His Security Certifications include Certified Ethical Hacker (EC-Council), HP Fortify Security Technical Specialist, Cisco SMB Security Specialist, CIW Web Security Specialist, Zyxel Security Specialist. Nazar also holds numerous IT Certifications, such as Amazon SysOps, MCTS, Certified Linux Engineer, Certified Linux Professional, DCTS, DCATS, NAI, NLTS, CNA, NCLA.
Nazar is very passionate about Application Security, so in 2013 he founded and now acts as a chapter leader for the local OWASP community in Lviv (Ukraine). He believes in knowledge sharing as the best source for information security awareness, so he became an Instructor on Penetration Testing at Lviv IT School and a regular speaker at the “Security Hole” events and OWASP Meetups.
Nazar created and now leads SoftServe Security Consulting Team, and led the Attack & Defense practice to create over 5 new and innovative services for the company and set up the secure SDLC practices. In his daily activities, Nazar conducts and manages team penetration testing, social engineering, web and mobile application security assessments, physical security and team defensive services. He also conducts mobile application security, network and application security architecture reviews, and helps with Architecting security products for ISV, retail and healthcare companies making their products secure by design, PII/PCI/PHI data, intellectual property and business protected.
- Vote For This Nomination