- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Untangle
- Website: http://www.untangle.com
- Company size (employees): 40+
- Product Version Number: 12.1
- Type of solution: Software
- Year this product or service was first introduced to the market: 2005
- Year the current version of this product or service has been released: 2016
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 40,000
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service deserves recognition
1. NG Firewall is purpose built to meet the needs of small businesses of fewer than 10 employees up to larger complex firms. It’s easily scalable to handle increases in users with minimal increase in cost.
2. Its dynamic virus and threat protection offers IT peace of mind while the other unified features help ensure network performance is maintained for all types of users.
3.The solution is consistently updated with product enhancements to ensure an optimal user experience and the latest technical advancements in UTM.
In less than 300 words, summarize the most important features and benefits of this product or service
Untangle’s NG Firewall solution provides users with complete network security protection, with the added feature set of a full UTM solution. It’s built for the modern workforce, with mobile policy enforcement and full functionality with various mobile operating systems. It protects and manages the network while actually increasing employee productivity by actively managing bandwidth and ensuring staff have access to critical data.
For IT management, the NG Firewall greatly streamlines network protection by eliminating the need for various disconnected solutions. IT can rely on the product to filter suspicious website visitations, stop viruses, and restrict excessive bandwidth-draining applications as necessary. It does this through a subscription-based suite of applications that allow companies to mix and match to suit their needs. Clients can also choose NG Firewall Complete for access to all of the applications in the library.
The recent NG Firewall version 12.1 update offers enhanced mobile management, geolocation by IP, SSL certificate management, and the simplicity of Google and Facebook authentication tools. The update also includes event-based reporting, giving admins granular views into sites, domains, and the actions of individual users.