- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): ReSec Technologies
- Website: http://www.resec.co
- Company size (employees): 20
- Product Version Number: 3.11.9
- Type of solution: Software
- Year this product or service was first introduced to the market: 2016
- Year the current version of this product or service has been released: 2016
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 55,000
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service deserves recognition:
• ReSecure Email does not rely on detection to prevent threats from reaching the end user via email and its attachments. Instead, the solution proactively protects against both known and unknown threats through a whitelisting process that is set by the user. This also give the end user more control over their own security.
• The CDR process happens in real time, as quick as an anti-virus scan, and can process thousands of files in just minutes. This keeps the flow of productivity in the workplace and ensures that everyone is able to compete their job securely and safely.
• Cybersecurity experts are already in high demand, and those in the field are overworked. The ReSecure Email solution is a highly automated system that requires minimal human engagement. This allows a company’s security and IT professionals to focus on other pressing issues without having to worry about whether their email security agent will be working.
In less than 300 words, summarize the most important features and benefits of this product or service
The ReSecure Email solution monitors incoming emails as part of the SMTP chain. The Content Disarm and Reconstruction (CDR) technology featured in ReSecure Email works by breaking files (the email, body and any attachment to it) into their individual components, removing all files that have not been whitelisted by the end user, and then creating an identical copy of the file to present to the end user, all in real time. This proactive approach to email security ensures that users are protected from both known and unknown threats. Organizations have the full ability to control the level in which users receive content because they set the whitelist parameters.
By leveraging ReSec’s CDR technology, each email message, including both the body and the attachments, passes through the ReSecure system to ensure that only threat-free replicas are forwarded to the recipient. This product offers protection for email and attachment-based threats through most leading services including Microsoft Office 365, Gmail, and Yahoo! Mail as an on-premise or cloud deployment.