- Job title of nominated professional: Chief Information Security Officer
- Company (where nominated professional or team is working): Impact Group
- Website: http://impactgroupbh.com
In 3 bullets, summarize why this professional or team deserves recognition
• He is a natural leader and posses excellent management skills – effective listener, facilitator and, negotiator.
• Ability to influence and build productive relationships with C-level stakeholders, cross-cultural teams and vendors
• With strong soft skills, solid technical expertise, he is self-directed, methodical and manage time effectively and along being highly organised
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the professional or team in the nominated category
Syed is a seasoned individual in information security, risk management and technology leadership. He is currently the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) at the Impact Group, in Bahrain. Syed held senior management positions as the Technology and Cybersecurity Head for a number of blue-chip organizations in the banking and technology sectors.
Recognized as a critical thinker, Syed is a trusted advisor to both government and organizations in the fields of cyber resilience, technology architecture, digital transformation, technology operations, controls and compliance. In this role Syed has helped organizations transform their technology risk management and cybersecurity capabilities by first engaging stakeholders to align their business and technology objectives, and then building the necessary foundation to achieve the desired outcomes.
Syed serves as a board member for the Bahrain Information Technology Society, leads Executive Advisory Board for Arvensys Technologies in Australia and DifferentX a New Zealand based technology start-up Company. He is also a community leader for P3 (Portfolio/Program/Project) for ISACA International, USA. He is a moderator for security roundtables and panel events, and is a sought after speaker on cyber-security and transforming individuals into high performing technology teams.
Syed is passionate about sharing his knowledge and experience in digital transformation, cyber-security, and mentoring/coaching all type of organizations including non-profit entities
His professional affiliations are: ISACA, PMI, ISC2, and his professional qualifications include: CISSP, CISM, CGEIT, CEH, ITIL Expert, PMP, PRINCE2, and ISO 27001 Lead Auditor. Syed holds a MBA from Chifley Business School at Torren University, Australia, a postgraduate in Business Administration and Information Technology from the University of Wales, United Kingdom, and he has also completed a number of cybersecurity programs from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Vote For This Nomination