- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Asigra
- Website: http://www.asigra.com
- Company size (employees): 100 to 499
- Country: Canada
- Type of solution: Software
- Approximate number of users worldwide: More than one million
What other awards did this nomination receive in the previous 12 months?
- Data Centre Solutions Product of the Year Finalist
- BackupReview #1 Cloud Backup Enabler for 2018
- CRN Hot Products at 2018 VMworld Conference
- Network World Top Products at VMworld 2018
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
Asigra Cloud Backup V14 is the only data protection solution of its kind to offer:
1. Bi-directional malware detection: All files are scanned in real-time, isolating malicious code and alerting administrators of infection. Before restoration, legacy recovery files are scanned again to prevent a ransomware Attack-Loop™
2. Zero-day exploit protection: Signature-less technology goes beyond a database of known malware to identify unauthorized code.
3. Variable file naming: Asigra renames file repositories in non-standard formats to prevent recognition and deletion of backup data by viruses.
Malware coders developed new ransomware strands that incorporate an Attack-Loop that lurks in a victim’s system for a period of time, infiltrating backups and infecting the backup set. The virus would then detonate, encrypt the victim’s data, and require the company to pay a ransom to get the data back.
Asigra provides the first and only solution to counter this, integrating anti-ransomware technology in the data backup and restore streams. The software also varies the name of its backup files to defeat recognition and requires 2-factor authentication to delete a backup file.
Five important anti-ransomware capabilities in Asigra Cloud Backup Evolved V14 include:
• The only Zero-day Attack-Loop prevention with anti-ransomware/malware scanning in the backup and recovery streams to prevent viruses from entering and leaving the backup set.
• Asigra supports General Data Protection Requirement (GDPR) compliance with Articles 6, 17, 25, and 32, including a citizen’s “Right of Erasure.” The software allows organizations to delete data at the user’s request, then provides a certificate as evidence, forming part of an Effective Response to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in Europe.
• Industry-first data protection for o365 Groups that does not require hardware, software or customer administration. The capability supports Exchange Online, SharePoint and OneDrive for granular protection.
• New responsive Management Console (MC) in 104 languages with RESTful APIs to simplify and personalize automated data management across multi-platform operating environments;
• Instant Recovery and Enablement;
• Container-based deployment and protection.