- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Apricorn
- Website: https://www.apricorn.com/
- Company size (employees): 10 to 49
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Hardware
- Approximate number of users worldwide: confidential
What other awards did this nomination receive in the previous 12 months?
zero award in the last 12 months
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
- Apricorn has always taken a hardware-centric approach to data security. This configurator is actually only allowed to configure a device once after that, the device firmware blocks all further configurator communication so the devices ultimately maintain the software free standard.
- Our customers deploy hundreds of drives to their employees. adding the ability to mass configure these drastically shortens the time for an admin to apply settings and security standards to the devices.
- The Secure Key 3z brings an advanced level of security (FIPS 140-2 level 3 pending) at a very low price point, lending itself to mass corporate deployments.
The Secure Key 3z is a super fast USB 3.1 cross-platform compatible external flash drive featuring 100% hardware-based, military-grade 256-bit AES XTS encryption and is FIPS 140-2 level-3 validated and IP-57 certified. Surrounding the flash storage and electronics is a hardened epoxy-potted rugged aluminum enclosure with a wear-resistant rubberized keypad for host-free onboard authentication; none of the encryption keys or authentication passwords are ever shared with its host computer. All data is encrypted on the fly and all encryption and authentication keys remain encrypted when the device is at rest.
To minimize the time demands of mass corporate deployments of Apricorn secure drives, there’s the Aegis Configurator; Apricorn’s Windows-based app that makes deployment of all Aegis keypad-authenticated devices (such as the Secure Key 3z) a breeze by delivering corporate IT administrators the ability to configure 2, 20, or 200 Apricorn secure drives at the same time, in a matter of seconds. At the time of configuration, the administrator can set up multiple devices with randomized admin PINs, user PINs, recovery PINs, device formatting, a host of settings and features, and can even pre-load files onto the devices being provisioned.
The Configurator dash delivers advanced feature sets, stores previous profile settings which can be used repeatedly for future deployments, and log details from previous sessions. Combined with multiple drive setup capability and an intuitive user interface, the Aegis Configurator is an indispensable tool for rapid device deployment. The Configurator will only recognize compatible devices in their factory out-of-box state. Once devices are configured either manually or by the Aegis Configurator, the device’s firmware will lock down, preventing any further access without a valid PIN.