- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): AlienVault
- Website: https://www.alienvault.com
- Company size (employees): 100 to 499
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Cloud/SaaS
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 7000
What other awards did this nomination receive in the previous 12 months?
Computing Security Awards 2018 - Cloud Security Solution of the Year (finalist)
IT World Awards 2018 - Silver Winner in Cloud Security
SC Awards Europe 2018 - Best Cloud Security Solution
CDM Infosec Award 2018 - Best Cloud Security Product
UK Cloud Awards 2018 - Security Solution of the Year (shortlisted)
Info Security PG Excellence Gold Award - Best Cloud Security Solution (2018)
Cybersecurity Excellence Award 2018 - Best Cloud Security Solution (silver)
Cybersecurity Excellence Award 2018 - Best SIEM Solution (gold)
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
In addition to its all-in-one capabilities and integrated threat intelligence, USM Anywhere delivers a number of benefits for users:
• Completeness: By delivering the essential security capabilities organizations need to effectively manage threat detection, incident response, and compliance management across cloud and on-premises environments, USM Anywhere eliminates the need to acquire and manage a range of stand-alone products. Its core capabilities plus integrated threat intelligence and the option to add AlienApps as needed provide customers with powerful visibility into their full IT infrastructure and enable them to detect and remediate threats more effectively.
• Simplified Deployment & Scalability: USM Anywhere is quick to deploy, intuitive to operate, and easy to scale. Delivered as a service, customers can sign on and start detecting security threats within minutes of installation. Customers can adjust threat detection and response capabilities as environments change and business requirements evolve. With USM Anywhere, users can add or remove software sensors, monitor additional cloud services through AlienApps, and scale their central log management capabilities. A USM Anywhere subscription is based on monthly raw log ingestion capacities; all of the essential capabilities are included and scale with the system’s capacity.
• Affordability & Ease of Use: USM Anywhere enables organizations of all sizes to obtain the threat detection and response management they need while meeting budgetary expectations. Teams with limited staff, budgets, and expertise benefit from the affordable price, unified approach for simplified deployment, essential security controls, and integrated threat intelligence, which maximize the value of USM Anywhere for customers. Because of its many advantages, the platform has a very low TCO, enabling customers to detect the latest threats without having to buy, deploy and manage multiple products across cloud and on-premises environments, reducing the local infrastructure required, and eliminating the need to hire additional security staff.
AlienVault USM Anywhere is an all-in-one SaaS solution that enables organizations of all sizes, especially those with limited resources, to manage their security using world-class threat detection and response capabilities. It combines essential security technologies—asset discovery, vulnerability assessment, intrusion detection, behavioral monitoring, EDR, SIEM, and log management—into one unified platform. This approach alleviates the burden of having to purchase, integrate, and manage a myriad of point security products, saving significant time and money. Combining these capabilities in a single pane of glass, USM Anywhere streamlines the process of detecting, prioritizing, and responding to threats across cloud and on-premises environments.
USM Anywhere is highly extensible and new security controls can be added without complex integrations or product upgrades through AlienApps. These modular, integrated software components extend the threat detection and orchestration capabilities of USM Anywhere to third-party applications such as Microsoft Office 365, Google G Suite, Cisco Umbrella, Palo Alto Networks, ServiceNow, and more. New AlienApps are delivered automatically to USM Anywhere, assuring IT security teams of a future-proof investment.
USM Anywhere receives continuous, automatic threat intelligence updates from AlienVault Labs, backed by the Open Threat Exchange (OTX). The Labs team analyses hundreds of thousands of threats daily to deliver correlation rules, IDS signatures, and remediation guidance to users. A recent Forrester TEI commissioned study found that USM Anywhere delivered over $40,000 in annual savings in threat intelligence expenses.
In addition, USM Anywhere reduces total cost of ownership by eliminating the need for data centers, hardware, setup fees, and maintenance costs, and by allowing users to scale their security monitoring as business requirements change. The Forrester TEI study further noted that deploying USM Anywhere delivered a 6x return on investment to customers over three years and resulted in 80% faster threat detection and response.
- Vote For This Nomination