- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): AlienVault
- Website: https://www.alienvault.com
- Company size (employees): 100 to 499
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Cloud/SaaS
What other awards did this nomination receive in the previous 12 months?
SC Magazine Europe Best Cloud Computing Security Solution (2017)
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• Completeness: By delivering the essential security capabilities organizations need to effectively manage threat detection, incident response, and compliance management across cloud and on-premises environments, USM Anywhere eliminates the need to acquire and manage a range of stand-alone products. The platform’s core functionality combined with integrated threat intelligence and the option to add AlienApps as needed provide customers with powerful visibility into their full IT infrastructure, enabling them to detect and remediate threats more effectively.
• Simplified Deployment & Scalability: USM Anywhere is quick to deploy, intuitive to operate, and easy to scale. Because USM Anywhere is delivered as a service, customers can sign on and start detecting threats within minutes of installation. Customers can adjust threat detection and response capabilities as environments change and business requirements evolve. With USM Anywhere, users can add or remove software sensors, monitor additional cloud services through AlienApps, and scale their central log management capabilities. A USM Anywhere subscription is based on monthly raw log ingestion capacities; all of the five essential capabilities are included and scale with the system’s capacity.
• Affordability & Ease of Use: USM Anywhere enables organizations of all sizes, especially those with smaller IT security teams, to obtain the threat detection and response management they need while still meeting budgetary expectations. Teams with limited staff, budgets, and expertise benefit from the affordable price, unified approach for simplified deployment, essential security controls, and integrated threat intelligence, all of which maximize the value that USM Anywhere provides to customers. Because of its many advantages, the platform has a very low TCO, enabling customers to detect the latest threats without having to buy, deploy and manage multiple products across cloud and on-premises environments, reduces the local infrastructure required, and eliminates the need to recruit, hire, and retain a staff
In less than 300 words, summarize the most important features and benefits of this product or service
AlienVault USM Anywhere is redefining cybersecurity, enabling organizations with limited resources, expertise, and budgets to benefit from the latest, cutting-edge security technology. It’s the industry’s first all-in-one SaaS security monitoring platform that centralizes and simplifies threat detection, incident response, and compliance management across cloud (AWS & Azure) and on-premises environments.
USM Anywhere combines five essential security technologies in one unified platform: asset discovery, vulnerability assessment, intrusion detection (network, host, and cloud), behavioral monitoring, SIEM, and log management. This unified approach alleviates the burden of having to purchase, integrate, and manage a myriad of point security products, saving significant time and money. By combining these capabilities in a single pane of glass, USM Anywhere makes it fast and simple to detect, prioritize, and respond to threats across cloud and on-premises environments.
USM Anywhere is highly extensible, allowing for new security controls to be added to the platform without any complex integrations or product upgrades. AlienApps are modular, integrated software components that extend the threat visibility and orchestration capabilities of USM Anywhere to third-party security and IT applications. AlienVault’s rapidly growing AlienApps ecosystem includes AlienApps for Microsoft Office 365, Google G Suite, Cisco Umbrella, Palo Alto Networks, Carbon Black, ServiceNow, and more. New AlienApps are delivered automatically and continuously to USM Anywhere, assuring IT security teams of a future-proof investment in a solution that stays current amidst an always-evolving IT security landscape.
USM Anywhere receives continuous, automatic threat intelligence updates from the AlienVault Labs Security Research Team, backed by the Open Threat Exchange (OTX) and its 53,000 members. This team analyses hundreds of thousands of threats daily to write and deliver correlation rules, IDS signatures, and remediation guidance to USM Anywhere, so that users always have the most up-to-date threat intelligence, even if they don’t have an in-house team of security researchers.
- Vote For This Nomination