- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): AlienVault
- Website: https://www.alienvault.com
- Company size (employees): 100 to 499
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Software
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 5000+
What other awards did this nomination receive in the previous 12 months?
SC Award Europe Best SIEM Solution finalist (2017)
SC Magazine "5 Stars" & "Labs Approved" designations (2017)
Cybersecurity Excellence Award for Best SIEM (2017)
Computing Security Excellence Awards - SIEM finalist (2016)
Computing Security Awards - finalist for Best APT Solution (2016)
SC Award Europe Best SIEM Solution (2016)
SC Magazine "5 Stars" and "Best Buy" ratings (2016)
Cybersecurity Excellence Award for Best SIEM (2016)
SC Awards - Best SIEM Solution finalist (2016)
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• Built for IT Security Teams of Any Size: AlienVault USM Appliance is designed and priced to ensure that organizations of all sizes can effectively and affordably detect and defend themselves from emerging threats. Small to mid-sized organizations are at the greatest risk of cyberattack due to limited staff and resources; small IT teams with limited budgets, staff and security expertise especially benefit from USM’s unified console that enables a rapid deployment, eases daily management, and integrates threat intelligence to delivers maximum security visibility.
• A Unified Approach: USM Appliance combines SIEM with the other essential security capabilities that organizations need to ensure complete visibility into their infrastructure. Users can effectively monitor their security posture with the five key security capabilities integrated in the platform. Integrated threat intelligence updates, backed by the Open Threat Exchange, give IT security teams the power of real-time, crowd-sourced threat intelligence. By combining essential security controls plus integrated threat intelligence into a single platform, USM Appliance saves customers the time, cost, and complexity involved in purchasing, configuring, and integrating disparate data feeds and management consoles.
• Rapid Time to Value: USM Appliance is designed for easy deployment and intuitive operation. We have done all the work of integrating the platform’s range of capabilities into a single, easy-to-use interface, so that customers can start using it to detect threats to their systems from Day One. USM Appliance is available in a wide range of configurations to make it easy to deploy and leverage in ANY on-premises environment, and is designed and priced to ensure that organizations with limited security resources can effectively detect and defend themselves from emerging threats.
AlienVault USM Appliance™ is a comprehensive, affordable threat detection and incident response platform that stays ahead of the threat curve with integrated threat intelligence updates from the AlienVault Labs Security Research Team.
USM Appliance goes beyond SIEM by combining multiple essential security capabilities in a single console: asset discovery, vulnerability assessment, behavioral monitoring, intrusion detection (network, host, and file integrity monitoring), SIEM, and log management. Designed for today’s resource-limited IT security teams, USM Appliance reduces the time, budget, and resources required for effective security monitoring and compliance management. With USM Appliance, IT security teams of any size can more easily detect emerging threats across their environment, investigate and respond faster to incidents, and readily report on compliance for standards such as PCI, HIPAA, ISO, and more.
Unified Security Essentials:
In addition to advanced SIEM capabilities, USM Appliance delivers essential security capabilities that enable organizations to monitor critical systems, applications, and services on their network, identify vulnerabilities and prioritize remediation, detect active threats and intrusions, as well as flag suspicious or anomalous behavior that could indicate a compromise or breach. This unified approach saves customers significant time, cost, and complexity compared to acquiring, integrating, and managing multiple point security products.
Actionable, Integrated Threat Intelligence:
AlienVault knows that resource-limited IT security teams don’t have time to constantly scour the global threat landscape, chasing the latest threat indicators that could affect their organizations. That’s why the AlienVault Labs Security Research Team does so on users’ behalf. This team analyzes hundreds of thousands of threats daily to write and deliver correlation rules, IDS signatures, and remediation guidance directly to USM Appliance—continuously and automatically.
AlienVault Labs leverages the crowd-sourced threat intelligence from the AlienVault Open Threat Exchange (OTX)—the world’s largest open threat sharing community of 53,000+ cybersecurity professionals and threat researchers.
- Vote For This Nomination