- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Cognetyx
- Website: http://www.cognetyx.com
- Company size (employees): 10 - 49
- Product Version Number: ACCX09
- Type of solution: Software
- Year this product or service was first introduced to the market: 2014
- Year the current version of this product or service has been released: 2016
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 70
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service deserves recognition:
• Cognetyx founders Santosh Vurughese and Amit Kulkarni have leveraged their vast backgrounds in healthcare, global entrepreneurship, recognizing that the healthcare industry needed a security paradigm shift and set out with a new strategy to fight the patient data theft that worsened almost daily.
• Cognetyx has now emerged from stealth mode showcasing itself as the thought leader in the use of machine learning and artificial intelligence to predict, detect and identify IT security threats to confidential data. The company delivers a revolutionary new, additional defense layer, to fortify existing IT security architecture, dramatically reducing the risk of data breaches and privacy violations from outside criminal hackers, malicious insiders and rogue vendors.
• Whether data resides in an EMR used by a large health system or is the ERP system of a large energy company or a financial institution, Cognetyx identifies rogue users virtually instantly using its innovative, patented process—Ambient Cognitive Cyber Surveillance, a way of digitally finger printing user access behavior. This "all seeing eye" surveillance and defense shield that is cognitive, adaptive, evolving, and concurrently monitoring all user activity across your information ecosystem. The eye learns, understands, recognizes and remembers normal user habits, patterns and behavior as they use these applications in their day-to-day work; with this baseline, Cognetyx is able to predict and detect anomalous user activity in real-time, thereby mitigating risk rapidly. A virtual, formidable defense layer powered by cognitive surveillance that is simple to deploy, easy to use, operating automatically in the background, vastly improving an organization’s defense against cyber security threats, data breaches and privacy violations. Cognetyx is an advanced, self-learning protective shield that is rapidly scalable across your organization’s entire information ecosystem, big or small, distributed or centralized, local or global, cloud or on-premise.
In less than 300 words, summarize the most important features and benefits of this product or service
Cognetyx delivers a defense layer to fortify IT security. It is a self-learning protective shield rapidly scalable across an organization’s information ecosystem, distributed or centralized, local or global, cloud or on-premise. Whether data resides in a large health system or is the ERP system of a large energy company or a financial institution, rogue users are identified instantly.
With its patented process of Ambient Cognitive Cyber Surveillance, a “Virtual Intelligent Eye” defense shield this is evolving and concurrently monitoring all user activity across an information ecosystem. Combining artificial intelligence with advanced machine learning, it provides real-time behavior analysis and anomalous user access monitoring. The eye learns, understands, recognizes and remembers normal user habits and behavior as they use applications in their daily work. The eye generates a digital “fingerprint” based on behavior for every user login in all applications and databases across the organization.
All data being accessed within an organization is monitored. Once a behavior baseline is established, the system can predict and detect anomalies in user activity in real-time, sending out alerts immediately when deviations from normal behavior occur and rapidly mitigate risks. This virtual, formidable defense layer of cognitive surveillance is simple to deploy, easy to use, operates in the background and vastly improves defense against cyber security threats, data breaches and privacy violations.
• HIPAA/HITECH compliance support adhering to all privacy and security policies and regulations
• Email and SMS alerts identify data breaches or privacy violations in seconds
• Integration with over 100 healthcare applications and database systems
• Automated audit logs that provide a forensic trail for data breaches
• Intuitive dashboard providing reporting, alerts, and metrics in one place for actionable insight