- Website: http://www.area1security.com
- Company size (employees): 10 to 49
- Country: United States
- Headquarters Region: North America
In 3 bullets, summarize why this company is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
- Area 1 Security is innovatively different from previous solutions such as phishing education, anti-spam and legacy perimeter defenses because it focuses on the attacker’s infrastructure, identifying and analyzing attackers, and preempting attacks out beyond the edge of the enterprise network, before they can breach and damage the company. This expands that company’s area of safety all the way to the attacker’s edge.
- Area 1 Security also differs from the competition in that it takes the major burden of defending the organization from the shoulders of employees. Even the best training and education still leave a company vulnerable and susceptible to users who mistakenly click on emails masquerading as urgent messages from company officers or trusted colleagues, misleading the employee to disclose confidential information or transfer assets.
- Area 1 Security differs as well in the comprehensiveness, inclusiveness, and breadth of its protection, integrating transparently to defend the organization across all three vectors of attack: network, email, and web. Area 1 Security also reinforces and augments a company’s own current threat defenses with a range of flexible actions including quarantine, notify, block, etc. Area 1 Security surpasses security edge devices and SPAM filters, which are attuned to high-volume, high-frequency attacks and regularly miss the low volume and cunningly infrequent profile of malicious phish.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the company in the nominated category
Area 1 Security is the first and only cybersecurity company that stops phishing attacks early in the kill chain, before they are capable of causing harm. Phishing is the #1 root cause of all data breaches, and more than 95 percent of cyberattacks begin with a phish. Area 1 Security’s SaaS solution, Area 1 Horizon™, disables phishing attacks across all three traffic vectors: web, network, and email. Horizon relieves employees from the burden of defense: though educated to spot phish, they eventually click on a malicious link a high percentage of the time. SPAM filters and edge solutions such as firewalls, web DNS, and email gateways often miss phish as well. By getting ahead of, and preempting attack, Area 1 Security stops phishing attacks from 5 to 363 days before they are actually launched.