- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Armor
- Website: armor.com
- Company size (employees): 250
- Product Version Number: Generation 4
- Type of solution: Hybrid
- Year this product or service was first introduced to the market: 2009
- Year the current version of this product or service has been released: 2016
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 11,000
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service deserves recognition:
• Armor Complete is the world’s first Totally Secure cloud. Unlike traditional hosting companies, Armor’s cloud was developed with security built in. Most cloud organizations place the responsibility for perimeter and workload security on the customer, while Armor delivers a fully-managed security stack that provides protection up to the application layer. This unique architecture is part of what allows Armor to deliver the shortest threat actor dwell time in the industry, 100x shorter than the industry average. Unlike traditional hosting companies, Armor’s cloud was developed with security built in. Most cloud organizations place the responsibility for perimeter and workload security on the customer, while Armor delivers a fully-managed security stack that provides protection up to the application layer. This unique architecture is part of what allows Armor to deliver the shortest threat actor dwell time in the industry, 100x shorter than the industry average.
• True compliance requires a security-first approach. Armor reduces the burden of compliance on organizations by actively defending e PHI, PII, credit card and transaction data. Our solution is audit friendly, designed to address key compliance requirements. With attestations of compliance from PCI DSS 3.1, HIPAA and HITRUST, Armor Complete is a leading compliant hosting solution.
• Leveraging our advanced threat intelligence capabilities and security operations center, Armor boasts a dwell time 100x shorter than industry average. Dwell time is defined as the amount of time a threat actor has to move within your environment before detection.
In less than 300 words, summarize the most important features and benefits of this product or service
Armor’s healthcare and payment industry customers cannot conduct business without adherence to compliance standards. However, these requirements are inherently voluminous, complex and cumbersome, which also effects their end-users. The challenge of operating a business in these competitive industries is daunting enough, much less the amount of resources and personnel it takes to follow regulatory requirements.
Armor allows its customers to also empower their end-users, offering an additional value-add by spanning the compliance gamut, encompassing PCI and HIPAA to protect ePHI, PII and payment data. In addition, Armor’ Common Security Framework (CSF) certification from the Health Information Trust Alliance (HITRUST) helps address HIPAA requirements that in turn can be passed on to customer end-users.
While Armor customers count on the security we provide, the additional compliance standards that can be met in concert with the proven security can be shared with their end-users, making Armor an ideal partner.
Armor Complete provides a highly-secure managed cloud infrastructure with streamlined compliance and increased resiliency for demanding workloads. Armor is at the forefront of helping companies achieve compliance through sound security processes. The company’s policies and procedures provide a solid foundation and establish consistency for organizations across healthcare, payments, financial services, energy, legal, media and higher education.
Armor Complete cloud environments are defended by more than ten security layers and are diligently monitored by a world-class security operations center (SOC). In fact, for every 35,000,000 attacks blocked, just one attack gets through.
Another primary advantage is the comprehensive approach taken to execute a cloud security strategy, including:
• 60-day launch assistance
• Security consultation
• Engineers available 24x7x365 via ticket, phone or live chat
• A dedicated account manager
• Certified engineering and compliance analysis
• A military-grade security operations center
• Performance tuning