- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Arxan Technologies
- Website: https://www.arxan.com
- Company size (employees): 120
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Software
- Approximate number of users worldwide: on >500 million devices
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• IoT is in the cross-hairs of hackers seeking to exploit the most vulnerable targets. Those “soft” targets include the IoT applications. Arxan’s solution specializes in protecting valuable software applications running in widely dispersed and untrusted environments.
• Arxan is protecting critical IoT applications across many industries – from healthcare and medical devices to automotive and smart homes.
• Arxan is collaborating with organizations and regulatory bodies to help establish security guidelines and requirements so that organizations embracing IoT can do so with confidence.
Arxan protects the vulnerable underbelly – the software applications – that drive the communications, logic, and controls in the Internet of Things (IoT). From critical medical devices and connected cars to smart homes and wearables, Arxan’s application code hardening and cryptographic key protection solution bakes self-protection capabilities into the applications so security follows the apps no matter where in the IoT ecosystem they go. Within the IoT, Arxan secures mobile or embedded software that controls the IoT device; IoT firmware and embedded applications; and application on open/connected IoT platforms.
Distinguishing features of the Arxan solution include: 1) 11 patents on our innovative security IP that uses a multi-layered “guard”network that defends against some of the most advanced attacks and threats; 2) binary code protection so there is no disruption to the SDLC or source code, which is ideal for developers who need to quickly push applications out; 3) broad platform support, which enables standardization; 4) battle-tested technology – our solution is protecting applications running on more than 500 million devices worldwide.
Benefits of the Arxan solution include: Prevention of application reverse-engineering and code tampering, which safeguards critical controls, protects sensitive data and IP, and in the case of many IoT industries, such as healthcare and automotive, helps save lives.