- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Barracuda Networks
- Website: https://www.barracuda.com/
- Company size (employees): 1,500
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Hybrid
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 10,000+
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• Barracuda NextGen Firewall F-Series enable customers to safely extend their network to the public cloud by securing and optimising network traffic flows regardless if corporate office, micro office, home office or cloud instance
• The F-Series provides a whole lot more than just security, but remains an easy to manage solution
• Our focus on speed and agility has enabled us reach a large number of customers. There are now 45,000 active and deployed Barracuda NextGen Firewalls and this is growing at a double-digit percentage rate every year throughout Europe, the Americas and Asia.
With the increasing adoption of applications hosted in the public cloud and the resulting move to so-called Hybrid networks, the role of the firewall has evolved from a mere security device to a solution that improves WAN performance and availability – whether on premises, small remote outposts or in the cloud. The Barracuda NextGen Firewall F-Series accomplishes this by closely integrating intelligent traffic management and WAN optimisation functionality with comprehensive best-in-class network and content security at the firewall core.
Besides improved network performance this often allows customers to replace expensive private leased lines with less expensive DSL or cable lines, effectively shaving thousands of pounds off of their monthly Internet bill.
Instead of having three solutions for Network Security, uplink balancing and WAN optimisation, combining and closely integrating these into one easy to manage device results in further cost savings and allows deployment even to small branch or home offices.
Five immediate benefits of deploying the F-Series are:
1. Improved Security Posture: integrates previously disparate security functions, such as Intrusion Prevention, Web Filtering, Malware Protection, Email Security and Advanced Threat Detection into a single platform.
2. Full application awareness: blocks the usage of unwanted applications, controls and throttles acceptable traffic and preserves bandwidth for business-critical applications to ensure business continuity.
3. Improved WAN Network performance: intelligent uplink balancing, application aware QoS and built in WAN optimisation speed up business related traffic in the hybrid WAN including remote networks hosted in public clouds such as Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS.
4. Full user-based visibility and control: facilitates policy configuration based on actual user and group information, not just IP addresses.
5. Accelerated troubleshooting: visibility into individual network flows and powerful tools to diagnose issues and maintain the network.