- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): BigID
- Website: http://bigid.com
- Company size (employees): 10 to 49
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Software
- Approximate number of users worldwide: under 24
What other awards did this nomination receive in the previous 12 months?
2017 Breakthrough Award for Innovation in Compliance
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
- identity data identification (how uniquely identifiable is the date ie how personal is it)
- smart identity correlation (what is the graph of data belonging to an identity or person whether GPS, IP address, SSN, cookie, etc)
- language and data store agnostic (by not leading with classic RegX classification we have an ability to quickly look across any data store how ever the data is encoded)
The BigID insights product is the first data discovery and classification product that automatically inventories data by identity. Understanding identity context is essential for satisfying emerging data privacy, compliance and governance requirements that are based on people, SKU, IP etc. BigID has developed unique data mapping technology that leads with ML-based correlation of data by data subject. By building a graph of data representing the association of data by person, product or patent (ie an identity) BigID is able to provide previously impossible insights into data. This is best exampled in compliance for GDPR. The EU General Data Protection Regulation is about understanding and protecting and individual’s data. To satisfy obligations around individual right’s to access, erase, rectify or port one’s data requires an ability to find all the data belonging to an individual whether highly identifiable like Payment Card data or contextually identifiable like dynamic IP address. Using BigID’s patent-pending smart identity correlation technology, organizations can for the first time find any person’s data at Petabyte-scale and cross-correlate other critical information like purpose of use, consent, and access activity. While existing classification only tools made sense pre-cloud, pre Big Data for meeting PCI needs, new privacy and identity-centric use cases require a fresh approach.