Promote this Nomination
|Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service)||Biscom|
|Company size (employees)||50 to 99|
|Type of solution||Cloud/SaaS|
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
- Makes secure messaging and file transfer easy and efficient: It is no longer an IT-heavy function, as it is easy enough for end users, but still satisfies the security, control, and visibility needs of IT administrators and compliance officers.
- Designed from the ground up with a security-first mindset: This includes segregating customer data, pseudonymization of files, end-to-end security (both at rest and in transit), encryption key management, and roles-based access.
- Cloud-based and easy to deploy: Integrations with existing file repositories, such as users’ PCs, network shares, and other cloud storage repositories, make Transit a central hub for making disparate data sources accessible in a single location.
Biscom Transit is a cloud-based, secure file transfer and messaging solution. Designed with an intuitive user interface that mimics email’s simplicity, Biscom Transit enables organizations to easily and securely deliver confidential files and private data of any size attachment.
The concept of Transit was born as a response to a national study commissioned by Biscom that revealed that 75% of employees admit to sending private and confidential data through insecure methods like email. The primary reasons cited for this non-compliance was complexity and time, with rates even worse for regulated industries.
By integrating directly with users’ email, Transit addresses these issues with a simple user experience that does not sacrifice security in the back end. In 2019, Biscom announced integrations for Box and Microsoft OneDrive, expanding on its existing Dropbox and Google Drive integrations, enabling users to easily and securely share files from their cloud repositories with integrated audit logging.
Built for regulated industries with highly confidential information, Transit meets the most stringent security requirements, including HIPAA, SOX, and FERPA.
Biscom Transit security features include:
– FIPS 140-2 certified AES 256-bit encryption required for federal government
– Multi-tiered/multi-tenant architecture for security and privacy
– Acceleration built into the system to speed up large file transfers
– Pseudonymization for GDPR compliance
– Integration with enterprise authentication systems for single sign-on
– Built-in anti-virus/malware detection
– Compliance role to provide additional visibility for auditing
– Multi-factor authentication
– Secure email replies
– Data retention policies
– Encryption key management
With stricter regulations and the costly impact of the loss of a client’s intellectual property and confidentiality, it is now more vital than ever that products can be clearly understood and used. When developing a solution, security is often the most important consideration– but a great user experience can be a security feature in itself, as it increases adoption and compliance.