Promote this Nomination
|Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service)||Bitglass|
|Company size (employees)||100 to 499|
|Type of solution||Cloud/SaaS|
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
- Bitglass’ SASE is a cloud-based platform and was originally designed to be flexible enough to evolve and secure any interaction--a design choice that is not a part of our competitors’ origin stories. It uses machine-learning techniques to deliver real-time data and threat protection across the dynamic enterprise cloud footprint. It automatically learns and adapts to new or updated cloud applications, zero-day data leakage paths, new malware and user behaviors, as humans and manual processes cannot keep up with the cloud’s ever-changing nature.
- Bitglass’ SASE offering provides comprehensive visibility and control from a single dashboard, powering more effective analytics, audit initiatives, and uniform policy enforcement, as well as delivering consolidated ease of use that saves time for administrators (and, consequently, saves money). Bitglass is a single platform that is designed with an unbiased approach to securing any interaction in any environment. Our competitors lack this unified protection, are limited in terms of what they can secure, and require pivoting between dashboards to duplicate policies for different use cases. Uniquely, Bitglass delivers real-time security measures like contextual access control, advanced threat protection, and data loss prevention wherever data goes. In fact, on Dec. 3, Bitglass announced a second U.S. patent for its fundamental inventions in transparent, contextual access control of cloud services.
- Bitglass’ SASE platform is architected in the public cloud, at more than 280 points of presence, for maximum scalability, uptime, and performance--there is no need to purchase, maintain, or upgrade appliances. With its Polyscale Architecture, each component is stateless, multi-tenant and can handle any application. Bitglass is licensed by number of users rather than number of user devices, as each employee typically leverages several endpoints. Bitglass offers price reductions to customers looking to make a bigger investment in security, giving both volume and term discounts.
The Bitglass Total Cloud Security Platform is a comprehensive secure access services edge (SASE) offering that secures any interaction between any devices, apps, web destinations, on-premises resources, or infrastructure. Bitglass’ SASE is a security platform for digital transformation, delivering scalability, high availability, high performance, and cost savings by integrating the below technologies:
– Multi-Mode Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB): The Bitglass CASB delivers end-to-end protection for data in any cloud service and any device. With support for managed apps like Office 365, Salesforce, and Workday, as well as IaaS platforms like AWS, GCP, and Azure, Bitglass’ multi-mode CASB is built to protect corporate data in real time across your enterprise’s sanctioned cloud resources.
– SmartEdge Secure Web Gateway (SWG): As the world’s only on-device SWG, SmartEdge decrypts and inspects traffic directly on users’ devices for content filtering and threat protection. By forgoing the use of VPNs, appliances, and cloud proxies, the solution eliminates latency-inducing network hops, provides enhanced performance and scalability, and reduces costs. Additionally, as only security events are logged and uploaded to the cloud, user privacy is respected. With its patented Trapdoor Proxy and automated, on-device certificate management, Bitglass holds the only technology capable of delivering an on-device SWG.
– Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA): When it comes to securing remote access to on-premises resources, Bitglass offers a unique, powerful approach to ZTNA with an agentless option for browser apps, and an agent-based option for thick client apps such as SSH and remote desktops. When users authenticate via SSO to access internal apps hosted on premises, Bitglass is inserted into the path of traffic. From there, their traffic is automatically proxied by Bitglass, allowing the solution to extend secure access while applying granular data and threat protection policies in real time.