- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Elastica, A Blue Coat Company
- Website: http://www.elastica.net
- Company size (employees): Approximately 1750
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Software
- Approximate number of users worldwide: Over 200 customers
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
- Provides enterprises with the ability to leverage cloud apps with confidence by providing the ability to easily and quickly identify Shadow IT in use, govern how sensitive and regulated data is shared and stored, and to monitor user behavior and detect threats.
- The Blue Coat Elastica CoudSOC uses advanced data science algorithms to assign a ThreatScore™ to highlight the risk level of all account activities on any cloud service. By immediately identifying suspicious behavior, these scores enable organizations to define simpler and smarter policies and controls to protect sensitive data in the cloud.
- SaaS platform eliminates deployment, update and management headaches while providing seamless integration into customers’ existing cloud infrastructures.
As organizations continue to deploy cloud-based services, it becomes increasingly necessary to gain visibility into usage, including identifying which services are in use and what they are being used for, detecting malicious and unsanctioned use of those services, and governing compliance-related and sensitive content stored and shared.
The Blue Coat Elastica CloudSOC platform is the industry’s first comprehensive solution to offer a single pane of glass to monitor and control organizations’ use of cloud based services and most importantly — how sensitive data is being stored and share within them. Leveraging data science, machine learning and AI, the CloudSOC continuously audits Shadow IT and Shadow Data, enforces granular policies to prevent data loss, provides real-time detection of intrusions and threats, and provides deep insights into historical account activity for post-incident analysis. All benefits empowering organizations to embrace the cloud with confidence.
Key differentiators are the sophistication of its data science, machine learning and AI technology, as well as its deep bench of Ph.D.-holding data scientists.
Elastica’s StreamIQ™ technology extracts granular transactional-level detail from real-time traffic, providing visibility into an organization’s cloud activity while its ContentIQ™ technology goes beyond simple expression matching with the addition of natural language processing to more accurately identify sensitive content uploaded and stored in file sharing applications.