- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Ampex Data Systems
- Website: http://www.ampex.com/bluelightning
- Company size (employees): 10 to 49
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Hardware
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• BLUE Lightning is the ONLY cyber security capability that was built from the ground up specifically for the monitoring and protection of Industrial Control Systems (ICS)
• BLUE Lightning is the ONLY cyber security capability that monitors and protects down to Level “0” in the Purdue ICS model, with the ability to ingest both digital and analog sensor data
• BLUE Lightning is infrastructure agnostic - AMPEX can protect any process using control systems
Ampex has introduced a new facility that includes a Cyber and Electronic Analysis, Development, and Integration Laboratory (CEADIL) designed to provide state-of-the-art development, testing, modeling, simulation, and training for the full spectrum of cyber and electronic equipment, applications, and personnel, with an emphasis on cyber operations and airborne/ground-based control systems and associated networks. Ampex’s breakthrough BLUE Lightning rugged compute device was engineered in the CEADIL.
BLUE Lightning is a high speed, high capacity, rugged compute device that can discover, define, analyze and mitigate cyber threats and vulnerabilities. It offers cyber defense for rugged platforms and critical infrastructure. BLUE Lightning monitors, detects and if necessary, defends air, land, sea, and space platforms and critical infrastructures, in real-time. These proactive capabilities enable the platform to more readily disrupt and neutralize cyber-attacks as they happen.
BLUE Lightning utilizes endpoint protection technology to provide data security for platforms in the Air, Space, Land, Sea realms. BLUE Lightning is a complete control system network security solution that offers a unique method of anomaly detection and prevention. BLUE Lightning has been specifically designed and developed for real-time monitoring and detection of anomalous network activity. Additionally, the BLUE Lightning device has the ability to detect, identify and make defensive decisions via machine-to-machine engagements.
• Saves you money
• Does not rely on known malware signatures
• Learns normal operating parameters to identify small, but harmful changes within existing alert thresholds
• Detects intrusions, malware, and abnormalities at the physical layer
• Detects zero-day attacks
• Defends against spoofing attacks after successful exploit of the PLC or RTU
• Includes non-malicious wear detection for conditions-based maintenance to increase equipment lifespan
• Deployable in line with the network or as an out-of-band configuration
• Scans and monitors industry standard protocols (Modbus, DNP3, BACNet, and GOOSE), others possible with development
• Generates alarms that are saved to the sensor monitor for diagnosis and action