- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): BlueTalon
- Website: http://www.bluetalon.com
- Company size (employees): 40
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Software
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 100
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
- BlueTalon brings order into data security chaos and eliminates the blind spots created at the data layer by fragmented and piecemeal data security solutions
- BlueTalon is the only company delivering unified data security controls across the most commonly used data platforms for big data projects and new data initiatives.
- BlueTalon Audit Engine is the only solution to bring visibility into data activity at the data layer across big data environments. Using BlueTalon, security and compliance staff can monitor who accesses and who has access to what data element. These feeds directly into the regulatory compliance process by providing visibility at the Data x User level and reduces the cost of compliance.
In less than 300 words, summarize the most important features and benefits of this product or service
– Unified user access controls and security policies across Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, RDBMS, and cloud deployments
– The most fine-grained data authorization rules, down to the data element stored in big data environments and the user identify
– Support for Apache Spark and Apache Cassandra brings enterprise-ready security to two big data platforms with significant momentum in the market. Neither have user-based, granular access control to data right now. For example, Cassandra only supports GRANT/REVOKE at the table level.
– Dynamic data masking – no need to duplicate data
– Full audit trail at the data layer to simplify the compliance process