- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): BluVector
- Website: http://www.bluvector.io
- Company size (employees): 50 to 99
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Software
What other awards did this nomination receive in the previous 12 months?
None. it was announced Nov. 2017
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• BluVector’s patent, “System and Method for Automated Machine-learning, Zero-day Malware Detection” (U.S. Patent 9,665,713) shows the company’s focus on detecting malware earlier in the kill chain.
• BluVector was built to detect, analyze and protect against new-to-the world threats that have never been seen. Based on in-house testing of classifiers against high profile malware like NotPetya or WannaCry, BluVector had the ability to detect, on average, zero-day attacks 13 months ahead of when a signature was written
- Our CEO, Kris Lovejoy, has held leadership roles at Northrop Grumman and IBM’s Security Division, and won the Washington Business Journal’s Women Who Mean Business 2017 award.
• BluVector is the only network-based security product that can detect fileless attacks within a network stream in real time.
BluVector is disrupting the legacy network intrusion detection market by delivering patented supervised machine learning and speculative code execution engines to find, confirm and contain even the newest and most sophisticated cybersecurity threats that are designed to avoid anti-virus, mask malicious behaviors in sandbox detection, and subvert traditional network defenses. With BluVector,
organizations are finally able to detect today’s evasive and increasingly destructive threats, whether file-based or fileless.
Unlike today’s security solutions that rely on a known signature, sandbox or post-breach evidence of infection, BluVector accurately finds and prioritizes all threats at the point of delivery, enabling organizations to defend against cyber threats before they cause damage.
With the introduction of BluVector 3.0 in November 2017, BluVector is the first and only security solution delivering fileless malware detection in real time on the network. BluVector’s new fileless malware detection capability is delivered by an advanced analytic called the Speculative Code Execution (SCE) engine. It’s capable of emulating how code will behave when executed in memory, and flagging behaviors that are indicative of application vulnerability exploitation or shellcode misuse.
Tackling the threat of fileless malware attacks can be daunting for even the most sophisticated organizations. While there are new endpoint technologies available, which can help mitigate some of the risks, security practitioners simply can’t cover every network device, application, and mobile/IoT device. BluVector offers customers a fast, easy, cost-effective way to protect against file-based and full fileless attacks, and fileless attacks that become file-based further down the kill chain.