- Website: https://www.bomgar.com
- Company size (employees): 100 to 499
- Country: United States
- Headquarters Region: North America
In 3 bullets, summarize why this company is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• Bomgar is a leading provider of next-level identity and access management solutions that proactively defend against privileged access vulnerabilities. The company provides automated technology that discover, manage, and protect privileged accounts and access pathways at the speed and scale required by large enterprises. Bomgar’s intuitive designs and fast time to value enable organizations to defend against cyber threats without impacting business productivity.
• Forrester estimates that 80% of security breaches involve privileged credentials. Privileged accounts are coveted targets for attackers and must be protected from both insider and external threats. Bomgar’s solutions not only protect privileged accounts, passwords, and credentials, but also uniquely secure the remote access pathways commonly compromised in these attacks.
• Bomgar offers market-leading capabilities for:
- Privileged Account Auto-Discovery: Reliably discover and secure the widest range of privileged accounts across enterprises.
- Credential Management & Rotation: Change thousands of privileged passwords across an enterprise in minutes.
- Service Account Management: Continuously discover and manage Windows service accounts and dependencies to prevent service disruptions.
- Privileged Session Management: Securely monitor and record privileged access sessions.
- Insider and Vendor Access: Secure and control remote access for both privileged administrators and employees as well as external vendors.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the company in the nominated category
Bomgar’s Secure Access Solutions enable customers to easily support people, access and protect endpoints, and defend privileged credentials to fight cyber threats and speed business performance. More than 15,000 organizations around the globe use Bomgar to deliver superior support services and reduce threats to valuable data and systems. Bomgar’s clients include some of the world’s leading IT outsourcers, systems integrators, software vendors, healthcare organizations, government agencies, universities, financial institutions, and retailers.
In February 2018 Bomgar acquired established privileged identity solution provider Lieberman Software.
The expanded company was then acquired by Francisco Partners, a leading private equity firm who specializes in security technology companies.
Recent product updates to Bomgar Privileged Access Management included enhanced integrations with identity governance and administration (IGA) solutions and the ability to inject privileged credentials to securely launch applications, as well as improved manageability over SSH keys and Linux systems. In 2018, Bomgar also launched the new Bomgar Vault for Remote Support, an integrated credential store that protects privileged credentials and identities used by the service desk.
Customer adoption has been greater than anticipated and in the first half of 2018 Bomgar significantly performed above projections in all areas, including market adoption and competitive win rates.