- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Netsurion
- Website: http://www.netsurion.com
- Company size (employees): 100 - 499
- Product Version Number: N/A, service
- Type of solution: Service
- Year this product or service was first introduced to the market: 1998
- Year the current version of this product or service has been released: 2016
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 10,000+ businesses
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service deserves recognition:
• Over the past year, cybercrime targeting multi-location brands, individual franchisees and other small businesses has become increasingly sophisticated and devastating. Recent breaches through essential third-party providers, such as POS vendors, have exposed these businesses in a new way. Netsurion believes franchisors, franchisees and SMBs that lack IT resources should be able to access and benefit from enterprise-class network security. Its goal is to ensure its customers’ brands are protected from both internal and external threats by providing them robust and powerful network management, security and compliance services at a fraction of the costs associated with a self-managed solution.
• A typical Netsurion customer location includes the installation of more than $1,500 worth of data security and wireless access equipment. In contrast, internal IT staffing costs, including the full-time staff and expertise needed to manage one or multiple franchisee locations, can easily exceed $100,000 annually without factoring in the cost of a data breach to a large, multi-location brand. With a management cost of less than $80 per month, including 24x7x365 monitoring and support, Netsurion’s solution is highly cost effective, so customers consistently achieve significant ROI.
• By having enterprise-level network security, 4G failover, and secure Wi-Fi available, Netsurion’s customers can utilize the latest in digital and mobile marketing, ordering and customer care technologies without concern that these new technologies introduce new security risks. Brand Guard not only provides consistent and stable network security, but does so at a consistent and stable price point, making budgeting for network security easy.
In less than 300 words, summarize the most important features and benefits of this product or service
Multi-location businesses face the challenge of securing many geographically diverse locations in an environment where IT resources and consistency in network topology are often impossible. As such, a brand’s security is only as strong as its weakest link. Brand Guard is a highly scalable service that is designed to mitigate these challenges through centralized firewall management, compliance management and automation, and even advanced threat protection technology. The ultimate goal is to dramatically increase the number of protected edge locations, as well as the level of security employed. Netsurion’s Compliance Accelerator program ensures that every location is checked for network security and identifies those that are vulnerable. The company works with franchisors to proactively determine these at-risk locations and craft strategies and deploy services to overcome the vulnerabilities. It then works with them to identify a secure network and firewall policy that can be consistently employed. Once locations have been secured with a centrally-managed firewall, Netsurion’s in-house team of network security and compliance experts is available 24x7x365 to provide any support needed. The company’s patented remote installation process doesn’t require reconfiguration of a network’s IP address structure, thereby saving time and eliminating issues reconnecting printers or other peripheral devices. This allows it to quickly secure large numbers of locations through its centrally-managed firewalls without disrupting business operations. Netsurion’s unique security features include firewall circumvention detection, rogue device and critical device detection, secure DNS serving and multi-direction data security. Further, Netsurion is the only provider to bring managed SIEM services to this level of customer through its SIEM-at-the-Edge service. In addition to monitoring security events in real-time at Netsurion’s SOC, the SIEM service stops breaches by preventing unauthorized applications from loading/having files copied via unauthorized USB drives. This creates a true enterprise-level security environment that goes beyond basic security compliance.