- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Ixia, a Keysight Business
- Website: http://ixiacom.com
- Company size (employees): 10,000 or more
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Software
- Approximate number of users worldwide: N/A -- Not made public
What other awards did this nomination receive in the previous 12 months?
- Golden Bridge Awards (Silver for Cloud Security Innovation Product of the Year)
- Cyber Defense Global Awards (Cloud Security of the Year)
- Cloud Computing Security Excellence Award
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
- BreakingPoint cloud does not trade off usability and functionality. This is because BreakingPoint Cloud builds on 20+ years of leadership in network security testing to reveal security exposure across public, private, and hybrid networks. BreakingPoint Cloud leverages this network testing experience to assess the effectiveness of hybrid IT security.
- Unlike competitors, BreakingPoint Cloud relies on Ixia’s team of security researchers and experts in the internal Application and Threat Intelligence (ATI) Research Center. The ATI team has been performing advanced security research for well over a decade, providing threat intelligence updates and application insights for more than 300 applications to customers.
- BreakingPoint Cloud eliminates common anxieties with deployment, especially where network architectures are more complex. It offers a modern, simplified web user interface with an “out-of-the-box” experience. Pre-defined templates for configuring DDoS test sizing and test duration enables additional safety features by eliminating the potential of configuration errors and keeping the DDoS simulation within safety thresholds for production cloud deployments.
Launched in November 2017, BreakingPoint Cloud is a software as a service solution that safely models data breaches and threat vectors to deliver quantifiable evidence and immediate insight into the effectiveness of cloud-based data and application security, whether private, public or hybrid.
BreakingPoint Cloud helps organizations optimize security processes and procedures to “detect, react and improve” with realistic reach and attack simulation that enables customers to not only take a proactive approach to data and application security, but enhance the skill set of security personnel, and streamline processes for improved efficiency. The BreakingPoint Cloud platform is built to go beyond simulating non-volumetric attacks, enabling customers to validate DDoS mitigation solutions.
Powered by a continuous, high assurance threat intelligence feed provided by Ixia’s Application and Threat Intelligence Research Center that has been performing advanced security research for well over a decade, BreakingPoint Cloud delivers the actionable intelligence needed to eliminate security misconfigurations, understand the impact of a new risk before it happens and provide evidence to support security audits. BreakingPoint serves as a direct response to the rapid growth of cloud computing by delivering immediate insight into the effectiveness of cloud-based data and application security for the public, private and hybrid cloud.
This year, BreakingPoint Cloud was updated to address the Microsoft Azure DDoS Protection service. Now BreakingPoint provides realistic DDoS attack simulations and quantifiable test results, which enable users to validate Microsoft Azure DDoS protection service defenses, optimize DDoS response process by reducing the time to detect and react to DDoS attacks, accelerate time to compliance, reduce security risk, and train network security teams.
BreakingPoint Cloud continues Keysight’s track record of providing high-quality products that help companies around the world accelerate innovation. Whether it is with cloud visibility or testing and measurement, Keysight remains a diverse and innovative industry leader.