- Website: https://www.carbonblack.com/
- Company size (employees): 500 to 999
- Country: United States
- Headquarters Region: North America
In 3 bullets, summarize why this company is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• With more than 14 million endpoints under management, the Cb Endpoint Security Platform is the most complete endpoint security platform enabling companies to strengthen their endpoint security posture against the ever-changing threat landscape. Cb Protection ensures that our customers can lock-down endpoints, servers and critical systems from attacks, including ransomware. Cb Response continuously records and captures all threat activity so security teams can hunt threats, visualize attack kill chains, and remediate attacks, making it the go-to technology for sophisticated security professionals and responders. Serving the broader market, Cb Defense replaces traditional antivirus with a next-generation AV solution that leverages both behavioral and machine learning to block known and unknown threats.
• In recent customer surveys, Carbon Black was rated highly for its speedy response times to customer inquires and overall commitment to services. This commitment includes a comprehensive service portfolio, including: implementation services, platform health checks, administrative training, 24/7/365 customer support and a customer portal. Our team of 25, full-time customer success representatives provides multiple levels of support so customers can choose the best fit for their environment and business requirements.
• Many customers compare our technology head-to-head with Cylance, CrowdStrike and Tanium and others, choosing Carbon Black for its technological efficacy and completeness of offering. Carbon Black’s endpoint security platform is not limited to a single security method, such as machine learning, and unlike traditional AV solutions, it does not rely on signatures or threat reputation. We use multiple industry-proven methods to attack the security problem holistically, including reputation, threat feeds, behavioral analysis, machine learning, and more to improve the efficacy of our solution. That variety empowers customers to see attacks, stop them in their tracks and close security gaps better than any competitive offering. Several notable customers have used Carbon Black to replace traditional AV solutions from Symantec and
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the company in the nominated category
Carbon Black has more than 3,500 global customers from Fortune 100 organizations to regional retailers, multinational market leaders, and state and local governments. Since 2013, we’ve more than tripled the size of our customer base from 600 to 3,500+ customers. We continue to add customers and household brands to our roster each quarter. Customers include Coca-Cola, Samsung, Major League Baseball, Twitter, the New York Times, NASDAQ, the Department of State, NIST, WebMD, TripAdvisor and Adobe. Our strong customer and partner ecosystem is brings together the collective experience of more than 10,000 security professionals.
In October 2017, Carbon Black unveiled our vision for the industry’s first Predictive Security Cloud, a big-data cybersecurity platform that helps anticipate and prevent future and unknown cyberattacks. The Predictive Security Cloud is a software platform built on an extensible, cloud-scalable architecture, which consolidates endpoint data in the cloud for analytics to provide industry-leading protection from both malware and non-malware attacks. Also in October, we released a report which highlighted how and why the dark web marketplace for ransomware is growing at a rate of 2,500% per year. In May 2017, the team released a report which demonstrated the severity of non-malware attacks, most notably finding that 87% of cybersecurity researchers say they don’t yet trust artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) to replace human decision-making in security.
Carbon Black has made considerable strides toward furthering our company vision: “A World Safe from Cyber Attacks.” Recognizing that many organizations do not have the talent to oversee a sophisticated security program, we added a next-generation antivirus solution to our portfolio, “Cb Defense,” to better serve the broader market that requires a lightweight, yet powerful NGAV solution. In addition, we introduced the Cb Collective Defense Cloud, a cloud-based, multitenant architecture that powers our portfolio of offerings.