- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Carbon Black
- Website: https://www.carbonblack.com/
- Company size (employees): 700
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Software
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 3,000+ enterprise customers worldwide totaling more than 7 million endpoints
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
Cb Defense protects businesses from all forms of cyber attacks including: file-based attacks, malware, ransomware, memory-based attacks, PowerShell-based attacks, script-based attacks, and obfuscated malware.
Cb Defense empowers security teams with the answers they need to close security gaps that other solutions miss. Cb Defense users can leverage
collaborative threat intelligence to automatically stop attacks others have seen around the world.
Cb Defense is very lightweight, fast to deploy and easy to maintain. It has virtually no impact on end users or endpoint performance.
Using a combination of endpoint and cloud-based technologies, Cb Defense stops more attacks than any other Next-Generation Antivirus (NGAV) product. Its deep analytic approach inspects files and identifies malicious behavior to block both malware and increasingly common malware-less attacks that exploit memory and scripting languages like PowerShell.
Once malware is blocked, Cb Defense gives you full visibility into how the attack happened. By capturing and analyzing behavior in advance, Cb Defense pinpoints potential exploits and provides unprecedented insight into the level of each threat and its impact on your business.
Armed with deep insight from Cb Defense, you can proactively fix security
problems in your environment. Cb Defense also provides a suite of remediation tools to quarantine machines, blacklist software, and remove unwanted items.
Cb Defense uses a lightweight sensor that installs in less than a minute and consumes less than one percent of the CPU, disk, and network. Once installed, Cb Defense can be completely managed from the cloud through an easy-to-use web-based interface.
By collecting detailed, actionable information about security threats at a granular level, Cb Defense gives you insight into the potential impact of threats on your business.
Through Cb Defense’s interface you can answer important questions
– Who is being attacked?
– What data were the attackers after?
– When and where did the attack come from? How did it get there?
– Did the attack trigger a security breach resulting in data leakage?
– Was the attack successful?
– What was the business impact?
– Has this exploit been seen anywhere else in your infrastructure?