Promote this Nomination
|Company size (employees)||500 to 999|
|Headquarters Region||Middle East|
Checkmarx achieved unicorn status in 2020 when it was purchased by Hellman and Friedman for $1.15B – the largest acquisition of an AppSec company to-date. Not only does this signify how essential software security is, but it also recognizes Checkmarx’s unique business model and market trajectory. These factors are key reasons why over 1,400 customers around the globe trust Checkmarx, including half of the Fortune 50 and over 40% of the Fortune 100.
Checkmarx leads the industry in delivering automated solutions that speed up the process of security testing throughout software development. A ‘best fit’ for DevOps and development teams, its solutions integrate with a wide array of developer workflows and tools to quickly find and remediate vulnerabilities in both custom and open source code before software is released into production.
Notably, Checkmarx has garnered widespread industry recognition this year. In May 2020, the company was named a leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for AST for the third consecutive year and ranked highest for the DevOps/DevSecOps use case in the 2020 Gartner Critical Capabilities for AST. Additionally, Checkmarx was named a 2020 Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for AST for the second straight year.
As part of Checkmarx’s efforts to drive industry-wide change in the way software is built, the company’s Security Research Team works to uncover critical vulnerabilities in applications, software, IoT devices, etc. to find and fix weaknesses before adversaries can exploit them. In the past year, Checkmarx researchers found flaws, and provided fix guidance, in SoundCloud, smart vacuums, Meetup.com, Drupal, Apache Unomi, and most notably, Samsung/Google Android smartphones. “Everyone is safer today because of the great work and integrity of the Checkmarx researchers,” Ian Thorton-Trump, a cyber threat intelligence expert, shared with Forbes after reviewing the Samsung/Google Android report.
● Notable Milestones & Growth: Earlier this year, Checkmarx was acquired by Hellman and Friedman for $1.15B, representing the largest acquisition of an application security company to date. Additionally, over the span of 2020, Checkmarx achieved a trifecta of accolades from Gartner, being named a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for AST for the third consecutive year, earning the highest score for the DevOps/DevSecOps use case in the Critical Capabilities for AST report, and being named a Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for AST for the second straight year.
● Superb Customer Satisfaction: The Checkmarx Software Security Platform is highly rated in the industry and amongst customers, so much so that Checkmarx has been named a Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for Application Security Testing for two consecutive years (2020, 2019). Examples of customer feedback shared on Gartner Peer Insights include:
○ “Checkmarx is the best static scanning tool I’ve used during my 6 years as a software security analyst who specializes in dynamic and static application scans. It gets the job done.” Security and Risk Management, Healthcare Industry
○ “The experience has been exceptional. The software is very intuitive and currently meets our needs with quickly evaluating our code bases.” Enterprise Architecture and Technology Innovation, Communications Industry
● Delivers Significant ROI: A large financial customer recently analyzed the quantifiable value of its investment in Checkmarx. The findings reveal a 393% ROI and 7 million Euro in savings over three years, with payback occurring in less than five months after implementation. Additional benefits:
○ Saved 104,000 developer hours and 1.7 million Euro annually;
○ Avoided an estimated 2 million Euro in regulatory fines; and
○ Saw an 80% decrease in necessary employee requirements for overseeing AppSec projects and integrations.