- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Penta Security Systems
- Website: https://www.cloudbric.com/
- Company size (employees): 100 to 499
- Country: Korea - South
- Type of solution: Service
What other awards did this nomination receive in the previous 12 months?
Penta Security Systems won the Best SME Security Solution for Cloudbric at the 2016 SC Magazine Awards (Europe).
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• Cloudbric offers free of charge service for up to 4GB per month and uses a use first, pay later price model, allowing users to try out the service and access all features without cost.
• From signing up to configuring DNS servers to point to Cloudbric’s WAF, Cloudbric provides high quality customer support with a technical support team available via live chat, ticket support, or email.
• Cloudbric was recognized by SC Magazine as the “Best SME Solution” in 2016 and has expanded its service to regions across the globe since then by opening new IDCs.
Developed on the belief that website security should be readily available to every website owner (not just limited to large enterprises) Cloudbric was created as a security service by Penta Security Systems to protect websites from identity theft, website defacement, application layer DDoS attacks, and the OWASP Top 10. The core technology behind Cloudbric’s WAF is based on a logic-based detection engine, the same technology powering Asia’s market-leading WAF, WAPPLES. With no software or coding necessary, online businesses and end users can register their websites in under three minutes. Because Cloudbric operates as a cloud-based WAF, users don’t have to worry about software updates or scaling issues.
Other security providers may charge customers by feature. However, Cloudbric handles pricing differently by adopting a metered-pricing model to ensure that comprehensive security is affordable for users of every scale. Thus, WAF, DDoS protection, SSL, are offered not as premium features but by default, making Cloudbric ideal for SMBs who may lack infrastructure and monetary resources to manage web application security. With an easy-to-manage intuitive dashboard, users can utilize their dashboards as a reliable analytics monitoring tool unskewed by spambots. Reliable numbers means businesses can make informed marketing and budget decisions, allowing for growth. Cloudbric ensures online businesses are in accordance with PCI-DSS standards as well, taking away worries that many first-time business owners may have.
Cloudbric additionally offers users the options to install SSL for free if they are not currently subscribed to a service. Other SSL providers ask users to validate domains via email in order to be issued an SSL certificate, but Cloudbric simplifies the steps required to get free SSL, automatically completing the email validation process and renewing SSL certificates.