- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Comodo
- Website: http://www.enterprise.comodo.com
- Company size (employees): 1,000 to 4,999
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Software
- Approximate number of users worldwide: Enterprise seat licenses 500,000; total number of consumer seat licenses 85 million
What other awards did this nomination receive in the previous 12 months?
Gartner EPP Magic Quadrant
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• Improved endpoint security including application control and Secure Auto Containment that enables Comodo AEP to determine whether applications/files are known good or bad and place unknown files/applications automatically into containment where they run in a secure container until they can be verdicted.
• New management functionality including remote monitoring (remote desktop) enabling IT staff to save time and money by remotely diagnosing and resolving endpoint security and management issues.
• File-less malware containment enables Comodo AEP to stop advanced malware that uses command line parsers (Windows commands, Python, PERL) to directly modify memory rather than a conventional file.
With Comodo’s Advanced Endpoint Protection (AEP), all unknown, untrusted files, processes and applications are contained in a secure environment while under investigation, then determined to be bad or good. All known bad files are automatically deleted, never affecting the system. Meanwhile, all unknown files are contained for the shortest time possible. Comodo’s local and cloud-based Specialized Threat Analysis and Protection (STAP) quickly moves files to a verdict of known good or known bad. As your users introduce new unknown and possibly malicious applications externally from the device, you can automatically force them to run in isolation, never risking corporate data. Comodo’s local STAP layer, VirusScope, first analyzes application behavior and actions running inside or outside of containment and leverages multiple techniques to determine any malicious intent. Valkyrie, Comodo’s second, cloud-based STAP layer, correlates VirusScope’s local view of the file’s activity with a global view. This reduces false positives and false negatives, providing an accelerated verdict of malware at the endpoint. The result is that unknown files stay in containment for the shortest time of any containment solution on the market, with minimal impact on the end user experience or workflows.