- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Comodo Cybersecurity
- Website: http://www.comodo.com
- Company size (employees): 1,000 to 4,999
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Cloud/SaaS
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• As a free “product,” Valkyrie offers insight that is without compare, the only investment on the customers part is time and the result is intelligence that can be used to better protect systems or judge the effectiveness of in place solutions.
• Valkyrie offers speed, with human analysis verdicts happening in as little as 4 hours. Competitors can take days or weeks.
• Valkyrie combines multiple verdicting analysis engines, including Static analysis, Dynamic Analysis, Optional Plugins and Embedded detectors, all backed by security analysis experts.
Effective cybersecurity requires intelligence: Valkyrie is an online file verdict system that tests unknown files with a range of static and behavioral checks in order to identify those that are malicious. Because Valkyrie analyzes the entire run-time behavior of a file, it is more effective at detecting zero-day threats missed by the signature-based detection systems of classic antivirus products.
Effective cybersecurity requires speed: Valkyrie analysis systems consist of multiple techniques to ensure each and every file submitted is analyzed thoroughly before providing the verdict. In order to do that, Valkyrie deploys two types of technologies – Automatic analysis and Human Expert analysis. The techniques used for automatic analysis include Static Analysis, Dynamic Analysis, Valkyrie Plugins and Embedded Detectors, Signature Based Detection, Trusted Vendor and Certificate Validation, Reputation System and Big Data VirusScope Analysis System. Verdicts can be returned in as little as 4 hours when human analysis is needed.
Valkyrie provides up to the minute analysis of unknown files, allowing organizations to better understand and predict malicious behavior and take steps for preventing any damage from occurring. When paired with Comodo’s endpoint protection, all malware, even if unknown, is rendered harmless.