- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): StackRox
- Website: https://www.stackrox.com/
- Company size (employees): 50 to 99
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Software
- Approximate number of users worldwide: Available upon request
What other awards did this nomination receive in the previous 12 months?
StackRox was named one of 10 finalists for the 2018 RSA® Conference Innovation Sandbox Contest for its work in securing containerized, cloud-native applications for enterprises.
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• Faster Detection - The StackRox software stitches together related events to identify attacks in real time.
• Adaptive Detection to Avoid False Positives – Using continuous machine learning to process events means StackRox understands when developers change applications vs. when attackers have compromised applications. Whitelisting cannot achieve this result.
• Full Incident Response - StackRox enables companies to tune the response, including sending alerts for human intervention or automatically blocking compromised systems.
StackRox’s container security platform provides adaptive threat detection and response to protect applications in runtime. The software integrates with the container ecosystem to simplify and automate security.
• StackRox monitors activities within and across containers to detect active attacks and take action to block them.
• StackRox applies continuous machine learning to adapt its application baselines and detect attacks.
• StackRox collects a broad set of event data but surfaces alerts only when multiple events that StackRox sees are related indicate an attack category such as privilege escalation or persistence.
StackRox continuously assesses “normal” behavior for applications to adjust its baseline. This approach avoids false positives, because developers are continuously updating applications all the time in the DevOps world we’re in now. StackRox also avoids false negatives because the software stitches together events over time to identify attacks in progress. StackRox responds to immediately stop any compromised application components from putting data at risk or enabling attacker access.
- Vote For This Nomination