Promote this Nomination
|Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service)||Covered Security|
|Company size (employees)||1 to 9|
|Type of solution||Cloud/SaaS|
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• Creative economic model that effectively transfers financial incentive for improved security from companies to people – paying people for improved security
Covered Security is a new, innovative solution to the intractable problem of users sacrificing security for convenience and creating risk for them, their employer, and their vendors – by simplifying security habits and realigning incentives to make improving security simple, fast, and personally rewarding.
Covered motivates and empowers employees, partners, and customers to adopt the 18 online habits that differentiate security professionals from typical users and lead to a 56% lower rate of online compromise. The result? People reduce the risk that they’ll be compromised – and reduce the chance they will cause a security incident for the organization.
For users it’s a Personal Assistant, like a Fitbit, for online security – providing them with:
• A simple way to understand how their online behavior compares to that of security experts – and what risk that creates for them and their family
• Personally-relevant prompts for action to improve security – in the context of their personal and professional online lives
• Simplified and even automated steps to adopt new security habits
• Emotional and financial rewards for improved behavior
For the company it’s a Behavior Management Platform, providing (anonymous) analytics and promotions to:
• benchmark user-behavior risk
• identify and target weak behavior for improvement, while ensuring users are in full control of their personally-identifiable info
• drive personalized incentives and promotions to drive behavior change
• measure behavior change.
Covered sells to enterprises which subscribe for their employees and partners. Customer operations show that personalized prompts for action in the context of online activity drives users to take action to improve security 20+% of the time – over 3x the rate of traditional security awareness. With the addition of incentives, Covered can drive action up to 50% of the time.