- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Popcorn Training Pty Ltd
- Website: https://popcorntraining.com
- Company size (employees): 10 to 49
- Country: South Africa
- Type of solution: Cloud/SaaS
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 60000
What other awards did this nomination receive in the previous 12 months?
Edison Innovation Awards Nomination
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
1. People enjoy gaining insights into themselves. Personality tests are inherently rewarding because of the urge to learn more about ourselves. Our cyber-security personality test harnesses these self-awareness desires and raises user engagement.
2. Statistical evidence of current participation results shows high indication of the hypothesis being true: there is a link between certain personality traits and cybersecurity behaviour
3. We combine psychology, research and cybersecurity into an educational awareness tool that is actually fun and enjoyed by users
The art of “people hacking” or social engineering uses psychological techniques to trick people into revealing information, installing malicious software or participate in scams.
Research conducted by the University of Cambridge and other institutions has shown that certain personality traits are linked to cybersecurity awareness & online behavior.
Popcorn Training’s “cyber strengths quiz” is a fun awareness tool that combines personality traits (based on 3 of the Big 5 personality traits) with common security knowledge and behaviors.
Upon completion of the short and easy quiz, users receive a personalized report highlighting their specific personality trait related strengths and weaknesses in relation to cyber attacks and social engineering. Security scores provide insights into users current level of security awareness, allowing administrators to assign specific and targeted training for low scorers.
- Vote For This Nomination