- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Nuspire Networks
- Website: https://www.nuspire.com
- Company size (employees): 100 to 499
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Hybrid
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 51,100
What other awards did this nomination receive in the previous 12 months?
2017 NPG IT World Awards
Most Innovative IT Service
Gold Winner | Cyber Threat Monitoring (CTM)
2017 NPG IT World Awards
Managed Security Services
Silver Winner | Cyber Threat Monitoring (CTM)
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• Nuspire’s Cyber Threat Monitoring solution includes 24/7/365 monitoring of SIEM events and threat intelligence, daily log review, monthly trend analysis review, online reporting, documents that demonstrate compliance with industry and regulator mandates and proof to auditors and other third parties that IT controls are in place and effective. Comprehensive network monitoring is combined with advanced technical, tactical, operational and strategic cyber threat intelligence, which Nuspire’s Security Analytics Team (SAT) utilizes for normalization, correlation and aggregation of threats. Once combined and ranked according to proprietary techniques, Nuspire can utilize their big data infrastructure to provide real-time analytics and alerts as part of the Cyber Threat Monitoring service.
• Nuspire collects over 75 million security and network traffic events from an organization’s network. Within those 75 million, Nuspire will investigate 8 to 10 security alerts to determine if action is needed. Out of those alerts, 2 to 4 of them are actionable cybersecurity threats. These harmful threats are identified by Nuspire’s cyber threat monitoring system. Nuspire’s network engineers use world class tools to discover potential issues before they impact network performance and reliability. Through trax™, Nuspire’s proprietary network management, monitoring, security, and ticketing solution, a Nuspire engineer can alert clients of potential problems minutes after an event happens on a customer network.
• It takes most businesses about 197 days to detect a breach on their network. A lot of them have been breached and still have no idea. With Nuspire’s security monitoring system and team of skill experts, threats are monitored, detected and acted upon in real time when needed to block any hack from entering a company’s network. The award-winning cyber threat monitoring service provides customers with passively connected and fully managed next generation IDS/IPS, continuously updated threat intelligence, security information and event management (SIEM) and 24/7/365 cyber security monitoring.
Every day, an organization’s network handles an enormous amount of network communication that’s constantly moving data, facilitating business transactions, and unfortunately, can carry unwanted malicious traffic. However, Nuspire’s advanced Cyber Threat Monitoring (CTM) system monitors and analyzes that data and provides organizations with security event visibility that meets industry compliance requirements.
One component of Nuspire’s CTM is nuSensor, which investigates traffic of critical digital resources for both internal exploited and external cyber criminals. The entire nuSensor technology and CTM system is managed by Nuspire to defend against stealthy network-level threats through constantly updated databases of known threats and behavior-based signatures. Threats detected from nuSensor are sent directly to nuSIEM, Nuspire’s cloud-based, fully managed SIEM, in real-time for further analysis without harming or changing anything to a company’s network.
Most companies don’t have the time, technology, or resources needed to properly monitor and respond in real time to malicious security events that require urgent need for network protection. However, Nuspire’s Cyber Threat Monitoring service and its skilled tech experts, solve these issues. Once a potential threat has been discovered, Nuspire’s security team investigates the events to determine if action is needed or not. Threats that are not considered actionable are logged in the web-based security portal, Trax, for compliance and historical reference. This combination of CTM, nuSensor and Nuspire’s team of skilled experts, organizations receive the necessary monitoring, remediation and proactive cyber security needed to keep their information safe and secure.