- Website: http://www.cybereason.com
- Company size (employees): 200
- Headquarters Region: North America
In 3 bullets, summarize why this company deserves recognition:
· For hacking traditional funding models by getting large customers to invest and partner with it, simultaneously fueling its exponential growth while providing a buffer against the chaos that comes with it.
· For evangelizing that for security teams to be successful against today's threats, they need to do more than deploy new technologies, they need to change the way they think.
· For bringing to market military-grade, real time threat detection technology that can definitively confirm if a company is being attacked, and enables security analysts to quickly and fully contain it.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the company in the nominated category
Cybereason formally launched its product at RSA 2014, just a few months after the Target breach. Fueled by the strength of its product and the pedigree of its founders (all former IDF cyber warriors from its elite cyber corps, Unit 8200), Cybereason rose above a large and noisy pack of threat detection start-ups.
What is so unique about Cybereason is that in addition to its disruptive technology, it evangelizes a new mindset and approach to cyber defense. Best of all, rather than using FUD to sell its product, Cybereason advocates the use of technology and automation to empower a confident, competent security organization.
That message resonated strongly with two Cybereason customers, Lockheed Martin and Softbank that they decided to invest in the company, contributing the majority of the In 2015, the $85.4 million Cybereason raised in 2015.
In addition to the funding, they both signed joint development and go-to-market agreements, enabling Cybereason to leverage the massive sales machines of Lockheed Martin in the U.S. and Softbank in Japan to bring some “big company” order and structure, buffering the chaos that accompanies explosive growth.
Between Jan 1, 2016 and now, Cybereason has expanded its customer base from one continent to four, expanded its headcount from 50 to 200 (and is still hiring), has quadrupled revenues, more than quadrupled its customer roster, moved it’s corporate headquarters to one of Boston’s most iconic buildings, the John Hancock Tower, been named “Best Place to Work” by the Boston Business Journal and has won numerous awards from the security and tech trades.
Cybereason deserves credit and recognition for its product and technical excellence as well as its creative, customer-driven, unconventional-yet-highly-effective fundraising strategy which has fueled its phenomenal growth.