- Website: https://www.cybrary.it/
- Company size (employees): 6
- Country: United States
In 3 bullets, summarize why this company is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• Since launching, Cybrary has become the largest cybersecurity community on the internet with more than 340,000 users from over 160 countries, outpacing Github, Twitter, Tumblr, and other Unicorn startups in its first 12 months of user growth. Cybrary continues to train an average of 80,000 people per month on the most in-demand, cutting-edge training courses in cybersecurity, and more than 1,000 new users joining the community each day.
• Cybrary built a talent-jobs platform designed to meet the demand for skilled cybersecurity professionals; launched a pilot program with Women in Technology and Cornerstone which utilizes Cybrary’s enterprise training platform to help advance women and girls in the cybersecurity industry; created an educational training platform that helps K-12 and higher education educators plan, manage, and monitor IT and cybersecurity curriculum; and launched an enterprise security training platform that assists organizations in providing and managing courses and training programs for their employees, including end-user security awareness.
• Cybrary built and deployed mobile app that allows users with limited Web access in developing countries to learn cybersecurity skills on the go. It continues to be one of the most popular cybersecurity training apps on the market.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the company in the nominated category
Founded in 2015, Cybrary has become the world’s largest cyber security professional network and is helping to advance the cyber security industry by providing anyone, anywhere with free resources to learn and grow in the field. With education at its core, Cybrary is the world’s first and only no-cost cybersecurity massive open online course (MOOC) provider.
In its first year, Cybrary became the largest cybersecurity network online, as well as the world’s largest cyber security training provider. In December alone, Cybrary trained 80,000 people and delivered over 4 million minutes of training, for free. Roughly 5,000 people per day take classes on Cybrary; Cybrary also was named one of the top 100 most influential brands in cybersecurity by Onalytica and has grown to be one of the most highly trafficked websites in the industry.
Cybrary is helping to educate and strengthen the knowledge of cybersecurity professionals by providing free cybersecurity training classes to anyone anywhere, whether they are just starting out on a cybersecurity career or they are an experienced professional. Cybrary believes that cybersecurity learning is a right for those who wish to pursue it, not a privilege. Cybersecurity training can be as much as $5,000 for a one-week class. Providing free education eliminates financial barriers, allowing anyone to learn from and engage with the cybersecurity community.
Cybrary is also actively combating the increasing global shortage of cybersecurity professionals. There are more than a million open job postings for cybersecurity positions around the world. By removing training costs and building the world’s largest community of cybersecurity talent, Cybrary will increase the supply side of the jobs market, bring employers and talent together, and ultimately help eradicate the cybersecurity talent shortage.
Last August, Cybrary closed a round of seed funding to help foster community growth and develop additional course content.