- Website: http://www.cymmetria.com
- Company size (employees): 25
- Country: United States
- Headquarters Region: North America
In 3 bullets, summarize why this company is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
1. Cymmetria’s MazeRunner is the only cyber deception platform that has caught real APTs. It is also the only deception company that has a Community Edition, which was released in July 2016 and has since been used by academics, presenters, colleagues, private companies, CISOs, and researchers all over the world.
2. Cymmetria’s product abstracts the creation of deception scenarios that are believable in the business context of the organization.
3. As a pioneer in the realm of accountability in cybersecurity, Cymmetria recently announced that it is offering its enterprise customers a warranty for up to $1 million for damages caused by APTs that are not caught by MazeRunner.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the company in the nominated category
Cymmetria is a cyber deception solution that hunts advanced attackers within organizational networks. MazeRunner provides visibility to lateral movement inside the perimeter, real-time alerts, investigation, and forensics and mitigation. MazeRunner runs within a virtual environment and scales automatically according to organizational needs. All of MazeRunner’s functionality can be activated via an API, making the product available as part of security orchestration.
Cymmetria’s recent achievements have proven monumental for the company and cyber deception overall. We have caught four APT attacks and published a report on one of them this year (“Patchwork”). This was the first time a targeted threat was captured using a commercial deception product. Next, Cymmetria Research released an open source honeypot for Mirai detection. While simple, this is a very specific tool built to match what Mirai expects, based on its source code. Another major recent achievement was the release of our Community Edition, a free version of our enterprise-grade MazeRunner platform. After the release, a community catch was reported. Within two days of launching his campaign, a community user reached out to us to say he had been receiving a lot of code execution alerts. We were able to detect the threat using the code signing technology that we developed in-house. MazeRunner caught the attacker, revealed their tools, and detailed their movement and actions.
Cymmetria currently has a handful of large-scale customers. We also have PoCs in progress with a number of Fortune 500 companies, and continue to see great growth potential. Cymmetria has already raised over $10 million in two funding rounds and was recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor in 2016. Our team is made up of cyber deception and InfoSec veterans, military specialists, and APT and malware researchers.