- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): D3 Security
- Website: https://d3security.com
- Company size (employees): 50 to 99
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Software
- Approximate number of users worldwide: More than 1000 organizations—including over 100 of the Fortune 500—rely on D3 to build incident response plans, ensure compliance, and orchestrate and automation incident response and investigations. The platform connects with third party technologies and allows organizations to apply data-driven decisions across an enterprise-wide vision of cyber threats and enterprise risk.
What other awards did this nomination receive in the previous 12 months?
None that apply.
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
- Accelerated Response - A faster average response time should be one of the main outcomes organizations look to gain from an IRP. D3’s Incident Response Platform has many features that contribute to accelerated response. In addition, the platform also helps organizations improve their processes over time, with features like tracking of response times, creating benchmarks and averages, and delivering automated notifications to managers when performance is below acceptable levels. D3 also provides a CISSP-accredited IR expert to every customer to assist in fine-tuning each organization's success.
- Reduced Incident Volumes Over Time - D3 IRP allows organizations to find and remediate the root cause behind recurring incidents. Many platforms do not include this in their work flows, so companies are left facing each incident separately, without making a dent in the number of incoming incidents. Root cause analysis is only effective when you can also identify, and carry out, a subsequent corrective action. Unique among incident response platforms, D3’s Root Cause and Corrective Action module guides responders to full and conclusive remediation, thus eliminating recurrence and optimizing Incident Response resource usage.
- Connect Reporting Data to Regulators - Compliance standards (HIPAA, PCI DSS, GDPR, 23 NYCRR 500, etc.) all require covered entities to have incident response plans, breach notifications, and specialized reporting. Ensuring your organization’s IRP satisfies applicable compliance standards is a must for managing security risk and compliance proactively. D3’s Incident Response Platform provides tailored incident response plans, work flows that match required procedures, and even notifications and batch uploading features that connect your reporting data seamlessly to regulators.
When it comes to incident response (IR), every second wasted increases the risk an organization welcomes into its network. The consequences can be substantial, such as data breaches, outages, reputational damage, and legal or even compliance violations. D3 Security’s Incident Response Platform (IRP) provides a full-lifecycle remediation solution through a single tool that determines the root cause and corrective action for any incident. The system’s playbook library and orchestration engine guide responders at each step, from detection through resolution, while a powerful intelligence layer generates metrics, trend reports and actionable intelligence for all stakeholders.
D3’s IRP benefits from a two-way integration with leading SIEM platforms including HPE ArcSight, Splunk and IBM QRadar, among others, that help enable the escalation of alerts into the platform by user-prompted or automated search parameters. Global threat intelligence feeds, such as FireEye iSIGHT or IBM XForce enrich incident response and analysts are then guided through triage and response stages while D3 automatically writes status updates back to the SIEM. Additionally, this unique platform empowers organizations to respond to an incident with the assurance of the NIST, SANS and Carnegie Mellon standards, as well as the experience of 100+ of Fortune 500 organizations, all built into a customized playbook library.
D3 also provides its powerful Entities database that can dynamically link related IOCs, incidents and attack vectors, and display their relationships in dashboard, list and visual formats.
Finally, D3’s Incident Response Platform allows organizations to report, analyze and trend on any field in the system, including its unlimited custom fields. The result is an incident response platform that can generate actionable analytics, such aslike root cause analysis and corrective action assignment, to incident counts, category insights, trending, benchmarking and time/cost calculations.