- Website: http://www.darktrace.com
- Company size (employees): 200
- Country: United Kingdom
In 3 bullets, summarize why this company is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• Secured over 200 high-level clients across all industries ranging from retail, telecommunications, transportation and energy, to financial services across the world, with relationships with over 120 partners.
• During 2015, the company secured two rounds of funding, $18 million and $22.5 million, to continue to expand globally. Vasile Foca, co-founder of Talis Capital, one of the company’s investors commented: “Darktrace is extremely dynamic and an excellent addition to our digital portfolio. They have created a truly unique cyber security product and have already shown impressive sales traction. Indeed there are exciting times ahead.”
• Global demand has led to the company most recently opening new offices in Singapore, Seoul and Japan. The company’s headcount has tripled over the past year. As recognition of its growth and expertise, Nicole Eagan joined U.K.’s Prime Minister David Cameron and other companies, in January 2015, at the White House to discuss cyber policies and foreign affairs with President Barack Obama. She later accompanied the Prime Minister on his official trade mission to Asia as the leader in the field of cyber security.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the company in the nominated category
Darktrace is the world’s fastest-growing cyber defense company and the global leader in Enterprise Immune System technology. In under three years, it has developed an impressive client base that spans all industries. That, combined with two rounds of funding for global expansion, a visit to the White House and numerous awards, are just a few of its achievements to date.
Darktrace was founded in Cambridge in 2013 by mathematicians and machine learning specialists from the University of Cambridge and world-leading intelligence experts from MI5 and GCHQ. Darktrace’s technology brings together this expertise in mathematics, software and intelligence to give organizations the ability to detect emerging cyber-threats and proactively defend against in-progress cyber-attacks.
The Enterprise Immune System allows Darktrace to detect the most subtle cyber-attacks from within an organization’s network without any prior knowledge of what it is looking for. It is the only cyber defense technology that is capable of detecting, in real time, anomalous behaviours within vast data sets without rules or signatures. It works by creating unique behavioral models for every user and device, and for the enterprise as a whole, by correlating many weak indicators and subtle changes in information that would otherwise go unnoticed in the noise of a busy network.
Darktrace has experienced rapid growth since its foundation, reporting a 500% rise in year on year bookings with revenue growth of 450%. Its headcount has grown 231% and now stands at 200 employees in 18 locations around the world.
Darktrace has won a range of awards including being named ‘Best Security Company of the Year 2015’ at the Info Security Global Excellence Awards and was named a ‘Technology Pioneer 2015’ by the World Economic Forum and a ‘Cool Vendor 2015′ by Gartner.