- Website: https://www.darktrace.com/
- Company size (employees): 500 to 999
- Country: United States
- Headquarters Region: North America
In 3 bullets, summarize why this company is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• Darktrace’s AI technology meets the challenge of an evolving threat landscape. With never-before-seen cyber-attacks emerging nearly every day, it is necessary to move away from traditional approaches that require prior knowledge, rules, or signatures. By leveraging unsupervised machine learning algorithms, Darktrace can keep up with subtle, stealthy threats that would normally bypass legacy systems.
• One challenge currently crippling organizations across all industries is the shortage of cyber security professionals. Darktrace’s autonomous response technology, Antigena, not only allows companies to take intelligent, proportionate action against threats without succumbing to the pressure of building larger security teams, it also neutralizes threats that move too quickly for security teams to keep up. This capability acts as a force multiplier for security teams and is unmatched by any other tool on the market.
• By ingesting 100% of a network’s traffic and extracting a rich understanding of its activity, Darktrace is able to offer full visibility into a network, no matter the environment. Network visibility is a priority, and we often find that networks contain upwards of 20% more devices than expected by the security team. Increased visibility will ultimately enhance the security team’s ability to understand past threats, investigate ongoing ones, and prevent serious breaches.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the company in the nominated category
Darktrace is the leading AI company for cyber defense, used worldwide by companies of all sizes and industry. Its Enterprise Immune System, a technology inspired by the biological principles of the human immune system, represents a fundamental shift away from traditional approaches to cyber security, one that is especially necessary as cyber-threats become more sophisticated, fast, and insidious.
Darktrace works by sitting passively within a network, using AI and machine learning techniques to learn the ‘pattern of life’ for every user, device, and network in an organization. From this understanding of what is ‘self’ and what is ‘not self’, the Enterprise Immune System is able to spot and stop subtle changes in network activity indicative of a threat, regardless of method or origin, including ransomware, insider, and complex threats.
Completing the Enterprise Immune System platform is Darktrace’s autonomous response technology, Antigena, which generates ‘digital antibodies’ that take measured and targeted action to neutralize in-progress cyber-threats. Since its launch, Antigena has proven to work at scale in enterprise networks around the world. During the global WannaCry epidemic in May 2017, Darktrace successfully detected and neutralized the ransomware strain within less than a minute of it emerging in a number of customers, including an NHS agency. The City of Las Vegas, another Darktrace customer, uses Antigena to autonomously protect its 3,500 sensors across the ‘smart city,’ as well as its ICS systems.
Since its inception in 2013, Darktrace has identified 53,000 previously unknown threats in 4,000 networks, including zero-days, insider threats, and subtle, stealthy attacks. Its customers include organizations across 70 countries, of all sizes and industry verticals, proving that Darktrace’s AI technology is effective for a wide and diverse customer base.