- Website: https://www.darktrace.com/
- Company size (employees): 500 to 999
- Country: United States
- Headquarters Region: North America
In 3 bullets, summarize why this company is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• One challenge currently crippling organizations across all industries is the shortage of cyber security professionals. Moreover, even when these professionals are not prohibitively overextended to investigate all potential threats, they are still rarely able to counter modern, machine-speed attacks before it’s too late. Darktrace Antigena, the world’s first autonomous response technology, allows companies to take intelligent, proportionate action against attacks that are too fast-acting for human professionals to handle, while also acting as a force multiplier that obviates the need for organizations to build larger security teams. In September 2018, Darktrace launched Antigena v2, which adds a new email module to block threats at the point of entry and which enables Antigena to defend cloud and hybrid infrastructures.
• With never-before-seen exploits emerging on a daily basis, traditional security tools that rely on yesterday’s attack to predict tomorrow’s threat are no longer sufficient. But by leveraging both supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms, Darktrace can keep pace with subtle, innovative threats that are designed to bypass such legacy tools. There is currently no competing product that rivals either the sophistication of Darktrace’s AI or the threat intelligence that it generates.
• By ingesting 100% of a network’s traffic and extracting a rich understanding of its activity, Darktrace provides complete visibility across the entire digital infrastructure, routinely discovering IoT and BYOD devices of which firms were previously unaware. Indeed, Darktrace typically uncovers 20% more devices than its customers’ security teams anticipate. Increased visibility ultimately enhances these teams’ ability to understand past threats, investigate current attacks, and prevent future breaches.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the company in the nominated category
Darktrace is the world’s leading AI company for cyber defense, trusted by firms across all industries and by governments around the globe. Its Enterprise Immune System, modelled after the human immune system, represents a fundamental shift away from the traditional approach to cyber security, which relies on predefining threats using rules and signatures. Instead, Darktrace leverages machine learning algorithms to continuously learn a unique ‘pattern of life’ for every user, device, and network that it safeguards. From this evolving understanding of ‘self,’ the Darktrace AI can then spot subtle behavioral anomalies indicative of an attack, allowing it to detect never-before-seen threats that signature-based tools miss. And once detected, the Enterprise Immune System’s autonomous response technology, Darktrace Antigena, contains these threats in seconds — surgically intervening without interrupting normal business operations.
Indeed, as the first ever enterprise-grade autonomous response tool, Antigena has proven its ability to counter the machine speed cyber-attacks that define the modern threat landscape. During the devastating WannaCry epidemic in 2017, Darktrace detected and neutralized the advanced ransomware strain on behalf of several customers, including an NHS agency. The City of Las Vegas, another Darktrace customer, uses Antigena to protect its ‘smart’ infrastructure as well as its critical ICS environments.
“Darktrace Antigena is the only automated cyber defense technology on the market that is capable of fighting the most important battles for us,” said Michael Sherwood, CIO for the City of Las Vegas.
Founded in 2013 by mathematicians from the University of Cambridge and cyber intelligence experts from the CIA and MI5, Darktrace has now deployed its AI technology in more than 8,000 organizations in 105 countries. Its comprehensive security solutions, including Darktrace Cloud, Darktrace SaaS, and Darktrace Industrial, secure the entire digital infrastructure against malicious insiders, low and slow attacks, targeted spear phishing attempts, and other sophisticated threats.
- Vote For This Nomination