- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Varonis Systems, Inc.
- Website: http://www.varonis.com
- Company size (employees): 947
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Software
- Approximate number of users worldwide: Approximately 4,350 total Varonis users as of 12/31/2015; specific product user number not available but these are Varonis’ most widely used products.
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• Varonis empowers companies to discover where sensitive data is overexposed, prioritize vulnerable and stale data, and lock it down without interrupting business.
• Varonis’ user behavior analytics (UBA) threat models perform deep analytics, uncovering security issues quickly, giving metadata context in what’s happening on file and email servers, SharePoint, and Active Directory.
• UBA capability is expanded by including pre-built threat models and adaptive baselines that evolve over time, mapping the typical kill chain of an attack by studying months of employee access and use of data, forming a baseline of normality and reporting abnormal activity.
Varonis DatAdvantage and DatAlert advance the ability for organizations to get ahead of cyberattacks and insider threats. By triggering real-time alerts across multiple platforms, Varonis helps to detect potential security breaches, misconfigurations and other security-related issues in real-time. Using deep analysis of metadata, machine learning, and advanced UBA (user behavior analytics), DatAlert threat models map to the typical kill chain of an attack by studying months of employee access and use of data, forming a baseline of normality, and reporting specifically on abnormal activity.
Varonis uncovers security issues quickly and provides context around metadata and what’s actually happening on file and email servers, SharePoint, and Active Directory. Meaningful insights are gleaned from user-generated unstructured data (emails, files, presentations, spreadsheets, etc.), such as data patterns, security risks, and social connections, making it easier to monitor and protect sensitive data, against threats ranging from CryptoLocker and other malware infections to a variety of suspicious behavior. Full visibility and control with DatAdvantage is offered on Windows, Exchange, Active Directory, SharePoint, UNIX/Linux and Office 365. From one single interface, administrators can quickly manage and visualize permissions and map groups of users to only the data they need access to. Varonis empowers companies to discover where sensitive data is overexposed, prioritize vulnerable and stale data, and lock it down without interrupting business.