- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): DigiCert
- Website: https://www.digicert.com/
- Company size (employees): 230
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Software
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 1,000
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• IoT implementations often involve millions or tens of millions of connected devices and their associated credentials. The challenge in securing devices in the IoT is often one of scale. The DigiCert IoT identity management product has been tested and verified to scale by handling billions of digital certificates, asserting a unique identity for each individual connected device. By integrating DigiCert’s secure APIs into their existing infrastructure, leading IoT platforms as well as device manufacturers and companies deploying their owned connected devices enjoy simplified, dynamic certificate services at scale.
• DigiCert understands that each industry and customer have their own unique use cases and need custom-architected solutions. The company’s IoT identity management product has been developed with this in mind. Built upon solid and proven technologies and principles, the product can be adjusted to different needs. This includes customizing certificate profiles and deploying multiple protocols to enroll identity credentials onto IoT devices. With its strategic partners, DigiCert is able to offer solutions to meet a variety of needs including on-device key management and encrypted storage, as well as cloud, on-premise or hybrid security infrastructure.
• DigiCert works with many of the world’s most influential brands from industries such as healthcare, manufacturing, industrial and automotive to support their security needs as well as provide them with connected device security. Plex is one DigiCert customer that uses the DigiCert IoT identity management product to deploy digital certificates across tens of millions Plex servers and customers connected IoT devices. Each individual Plex server is secured with its own digital certificate and unique private key to create a secure end-to-end connection between users, devices and cloud services. By using DigiCert’s product, Plex has not only made the management of so many certificates feasible and convenient, but also enhanced their public relations, brand value, and customer growth.
In less than 300 words, summarize the most important features and benefits of this product or service
DigiCert’s award-winning IoT identity management product provides automated, high-volume digital certificate provisioning for device identity and authentication, encryption, and data integrity.
By automating critical certificate functions, the DigiCert product helps organizations of any size build a custom, scalable security infrastructure for their IoT deployments and ease the burden for administrators who traditionally use manual processes to manage certificates.
The Internet of Things requires a scalable solution to handle the large number of connected devices on the market. DigiCert’s IoT identity management product can adjust to evolving use cases, including customized certificate profiles and the deployment of multiple protocols to enroll identity credentials onto connected IoT devices. The product has been tested and verified to handle billions of digital certificates. Additionally, DigiCert offers hosted or on-premise PKI solutions as well as on-device key management and encrypted key storage.