- Website: http://www.distilnetworks.com/
- Company size (employees): 110
- Country: United States
In 3 bullets, summarize why this company is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
- Only 41% of web traffic originates from humans, so it is imperative to identify and police malicious bots across web applications. Today’s bots represent a new generation of attacks, and are the key culprits behind web scraping, online fraud, web application security breaches, content spam, digital ad fraud and downtime. Distil Networks is the first easy and accurate way to identify and police malicious website traffic, blocking 99.9% of bad bots without impacting legitimate users.
- Ultimately, employing a proactive solution in advance of a bot attack is the best strategy for keeping a website safe and content secure. The bot mitigation market, while young, is growing over 400 percent year over year. Distil is one of very few products on the market that addresses malicious bot attacks in such a direct and focused way. Distil’s market share of sales accounts for about 28 percent of this growing market.
- As the company grows, so does their wealth of bot intelligence available to customers. Distil leverages the most complete set of bot detection vectors through the Known Violators Database, a global IP and bot signature ACL. By analyzing over 50 individual pieces of data, Distil goes beyond basic IP and user-centric detection employed by most bot detection services, resulting in significantly higher quality protection. Distil takes identifying bad bots another step further by tagging them with inline fingerprinting technology, which “sticks” to the bot even if it attempts another attack from a random IP or from behind an anonymous proxy. Additionally, Distil is able to differentiate between good bots (Google, Bing, etc.) and bad bots in real-time, ensuring good traffic’s flow through a website.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the company in the nominated category
Distil Networks is a bot detection and mitigation company that has shown significant progress in the last year alone, achieving 359 percent year-over-year growth. In January, Distil announced the acquisition of competing bot detection company ScrapeSentry, a spin-off of leading managed security firm Sentor. This acquisition brought on a team of experienced security analysts, providing real-time threat monitoring, analysis, investigation, and response, as well as post-incident reports and best practices to ensure a rapid response to malicious bot attacks.
Although the company is only five years old, Distil deploys its bot detection and mitigation solution across hundreds of the world’s most successful websites including StubHub, EasyJet, Yelp, Wayfair, Orbitz, Conde Nast, Glassdoor and B&H Photo. Additionally, last year Distil doubled its workforce to over 100 employees with physical offices in San Francisco, Raleigh, Arlington, Stockholm, and London in order to meet global customer demand.