- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Dome9 Security, Inc.
- Website: http://www.dome9.com
- Company size (employees): 10 - 49
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Software
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 1,000+
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• With no software to install and no agents to manage, businesses can be up and running with Dome9 Arc in under five minutes. They never have to worry about software updates and scaling problems. Dome9 Arc integrates with your AWS accounts -- leveraging innovative cross-account trust policy to gather security information, rather than sharing keys and credentials.
• The Dome9 Arc platform uses native security controls such as security groups and virtual private clouds (VPC) provided through APIs by public clouds such as AWS and Microsoft Azure. This agentless approach to security allows businesses to protect all their cloud resources, including built-in services such as Amazon Relational Database Services (RDS), Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) and Lambda where they cannot install agents. Dome9 Arc allows you to protect multiple cloud environments using a common security model by specifying policies once across multiple clouds. The system then uses underlying cloud controls to implement the policy on each cloud.
• Dome9 Arc is a comprehensive security platform that covers resource and network security as well as IAM protection. IAM Safety is a powerful feature of Dome9 Arc that acts as a firewall for a cloud’s native Identity and Access Management (IAM) controls, providing an additional layer of protection where it is needed. Just as a network firewall sits in front of a trusted network and blocks unauthorized traffic to and from the network, IAM Safety acts as a protective barrier for a cloud environment’s IAM controls, stripping “dangerous” permissions such as the ability to modify DNS entries or delete RDS instances from all users. The Compliance Engine delivers comprehensive compliance management in all public cloud environments, allowing businesses to quickly assess their compliance posture with automated data gathering and testing, identify and fix issues, enforce compliance requirements, and prove compliance in audits.
In less than 300 words, summarize the most important features and benefits of this product or service
Dome9 delivers verifiable cloud infrastructure security and compliance to enterprises across all public clouds. The Dome9 Arc SaaS platform gives security architects and operations teams the ability to visualize their network security posture, detect misconfigurations, model gold standard policies, protect against attacks and insider threats, and conform to security best practices in the cloud. With Dome9 Arc, businesses can reduce the cost of protecting their workloads in the public cloud even as environments grow to thousands of instances across several regions managed by multiple accounts. Businesses use the Dome9 solution for faster and more effective cloud security operations, pain-free compliance and governance management, and to ruggedize their DevOps practices.
Traditional network security products use a gateway-based approach to protect the perimeter of a trusted network. In the public cloud, where simple policy changes can expose private resources to the world, this approach is ineffective. Dome9 Arc uses the powerful built-in security controls in public cloud services such as AWS and Microsoft Azure to segment and control network traffic to defend against breaches.
Dome9 Arc provides powerful functionality across three product areas: network security, advanced IAM protection, and compliance and governance. Powerful visualization capabilities allow administrators to view network assets and assess security posture in real-time to discover any vulnerabilities, compromised workloads, open ports or misconfigurations. But Dome9 doesn’t stop at monitoring and assessment. Using Dome9 Arc, administrators can also resolve network security misconfigurations and vulnerabilities from within the platform and put in place controls to continuously enforce security policies over time. With Dome9, businesses can find security issues, fix them and stay fixed.