- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Dyadic Security
- Website: https://www.dyadicsec.com/
- Company size (employees): 10 to 49
- Country: Israel
- Type of solution: Software
What other awards did this nomination receive in the previous 12 months?
The technology behind the Dyadic EKM (Multi Party Computation) has been recognized by Gartner as an emerging technology, with Dyadic mentioned as applying revolutionary breakthroughs in mathematics to break the boundaries of hardware and still achieve the highest level of security to solve real-world encryption, authentication, privacy and key protection challenges in four Gartner Hype Cycle Reports:
“Hype Cycle for Identity and Access Management Technologies, 2017″ (“Multiparty Computing”)
“Hype Cycle for Cloud Security, 2017″2 (“KMaaS”)
“Hype Cycle for Privacy, 2017″3 (“Multiparty Computing”)
“Hype Cycle for Data Security, 2017″4 (“Multiparty Computing” and “KMaaS”)
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
1. The Dyadic EKM is the *only* enterprise key management system that truly abstracts hardware while providing the same level of security as traditional physical systems like HSMs, supporting elastic & scalable crypto key management. This allows to fully abstract and virtualize the category of physical HSMs and key management systems, that are still considered the backbone of crypto infrastructure for most organizations.
2. The EKM is the only as secure as hardware solution without the need for a physical HSM for fully elastic, agile and scalable enterprise key management. With the EKM, organizations are no longer locked into hardware based solutions reducing overall total cost of ownership. This significantly reduces the bar for strong cryptography for SMEs, as the product has much better TCO, easier to deploy and doesn’t require large security teams to operate (unlike classic on-premise and cloud HSMs).
3. Dyadic is first company to apply revolutionary breakthroughs in mathematics to break the boundaries of hardware and still achieve the highest level of security. At the heart of Dyadic lie sophisticated applications of Multi-Party Computation (MPC), developed by Dyadic's co-founders, Chief Scientist Prof. Yehuda Lindell and Prof. Nigel Smart. Lindell and Smart--are among a handful of cryptographers across the world to master MPC's theoretical and practical applications.
The Dyadic Security Enterprise Key Management System (EKM) allows organizations to protect, control & manage keys in the cloud. The EKM is designed to provide crypto infrastructure for the cloud—it combines the high-level security of dedicated hardware with software’s innate agility, scalability and efficiency.
The Dyadic EKM is based on the first technology to truly abstract key management, and can be deployed on any standard platform, including physical/virtual machines and containers supporting all workloads, cloud service providers, on-premises databases or any hybrid combination thereof.
The Dyadic EKM draws its strength from the Dyadic vHSM (Virtual Hardware Security Module) technology, which is backed by a rigorous security proof made possible by mathematically proven Multiparty Computation (MPC) algorithms.
Dyadic applies a technology called secure Multiparty Computation to enable the storage and usage of cryptographic keys without ever having them in a single place, thereby eliminating the key as a single point of failure. This is being achieved practically by splitting a key into two random shares which are then stored on distinct, separate machines with high degree of segregation. Each of these machines has a vHSM and each machine can use the cryptographic API that allows only encryption, decryption and signing. Key material export is impossible, as neither of the machines ever hold the key.