- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Egress Software Technologies
- Website: http://www.egress.com
- Company size (employees): 100 to 499
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Cloud/SaaS
- Approximate number of users worldwide: tens of millions
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• Platform approach. The Egress platform enables customers to protect and control data throughout its lifecycle - from email and document classification, to email and file encryption, secure online collaboration, secure archiving and compliance reporting.
Complete control. Egress enables users to stay in control of shared information using comprehensive audit logs, message restrictions and revocation so only intended recipients can access shared data.
Compliance audit and reporting. Egress offers the ability to index, archive and instantly search plaintext and encrypted email and file content. Organizations can then understand and analyze their data, in order to quickly support Subject Access Requests (SARs) and investigations in response to compliance requirements.
Through a data-driven, user-centric platform approach to data security and compliance, Egress GDPR-in-a-box helps users and administrators secure data, manage risk and audit email usage.
• Data Loss Prevention (DLP) to rapidly discover sensitive PII data within email systems
• Classification and labeling of sensitive email data, for understanding email risk
• Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning to prevent email mis-delivery and alert users to potential mis-addressed emails, fixing data breaches before they happen
• Strong, standards-based email encryption for secure sharing of sensitive emails and attachments both internally and externally, with full DLP integration for automated, policy-based encryption
• Easy fulfillment of “right of access by data subject” requests
• Detailed reporting to prove that sensitive data is being protected as it is shared and stored
• Real-time data breach detection, with built-in reporting for notifying authorities
• Compatibility with Microsoft Office 365 and Google G Suite, as well as other hosted, on-premise and hybrid deployments
Egress GDPR-in-a-box accelerates compliance with the following articles:
Article 15 Right of access by data subject – Workflow functionality enables searching across email stores for sensitive information that relates to a data subject. Relevant emails and attachments can be exported into a redacted PDF file for sharing with data subject.
Article 17 Right to be forgotten – Powerful, scalable elastic search for email systems helps organizations pinpoint references to subjects who have invoked their right to be forgotten.
Article 32 Security of processing – Advanced email encryption, data discovery and classification ensure sensitive data is processed securely. AI and machine learning use historical email patterns to protect against the accidental send. Detailed reporting clarifies email security usage, both within internal networks and when sharing externally.
Articles 33 and 34 Breach notification – Provides real-time alerting as well as reporting when sensitive data exfiltrates an organization through email.